Crisis Support Resources

If you are experiencing a crisis, or if you are worried about someone who you think might be in harm’s way, please utilize the following resources. And remember, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Report Behaviors of Concern

EMERGENCY SERVICES (Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

  • 9-1-1 - If there is imminent concern for you or anyone else, dial 9-1-1 for emergency assistance.
  • Kittitas County 9-1-1 (KITTCOM) - (509) 925-8534
    Contact KITTCOM in response to emergencies occurring in Kittitas County, WA. KITTCOM dispatchers will notify law enforcement of your emergency.
  • Kittitas County Crisis Lines
    Kittitas County provides free 24/7 access to crisis counselors for residents experiencing mental health emergencies. Contact them by phone to connect with a trained counselor.
    Ellensburg- (509)-925-4168
    Cle Elum- (509)-674-2881
  • National Helplines
  • KVH Hospital Emergency Room
    603 S Chestnut St, Ellensburg, WA 98926
    If you are unable to access resources by phone, please visit the KVH Hospital Emergency Room and inform the medical staff there that you are experiencing an emergency. A medical provider will triage your needs and help you get connected with the appropriate resources. If you are not in Kittitas County, please proceed to your nearest Emergency Room.
  • 2-1-1
    If you are in search of crisis resources not included on this list, please dial 2-1-1 to access support from a trained service professional. Their staff can share information about additional resources in your area. Translation services are available.
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​2-1-1 Website


(Available during business hours or for scheduled appointments)
  • Student Counseling Services

    CWU employees a number of licensed mental health counselors who work with students in distress. To schedule an appointment with a counselor, contact their office at (509)-963-1391 to schedule. If you believe that you are experiencing a crisis, please inform their staff immediately so that they can accommodate an appointment as soon as possible.

  • WildcatCARE365 TalkNow

    Students are invited to visit WildcatCARE365 to learn more about the services available for medical and mental health care needs, accessible 24/7. See the TalkNow option to connect with an available counselor. All general services are paid for through student fees and available to all students, regardless of physical location/campus/center.

  • Suicide Concern Report

    If you or someone you know is endorsing risk related to self-harm and/or suicide, please complete a Suicide Concern Report so that CWU can get them in touch with a qualified professional. Please note that this report should be completed IN ADDITION TO accessing more immediate assistance from one or more of the resources listed in the first section of this site.

    Suicide Concern Report

  • Office of Case Management

    CWU Case Managers help students access resources and services to address a number of needs, including, but not limited to mental health crises, food and housing insecurity, and academic support. If you would like to connect with a Case Manager, or help someone you know get in contact with a Case Manager, contact us at (509)-963-1515 or fill out a Behaviors of Concern Report and select “Student of Concern/Case Management” as the Incident Type.

  • Comprehensive

    Comprehensive Healthcare is an off-campus agency that employees designated crisis responders and mental health therapists within the area of Central Washington. If you are interested in meeting with a Comprehensive therapist, contact their office during business hours at (509)- 925-7507. Contact information for other Comprehensive Healthcare offices outside of Ellensburg can be found on their website: comphc

    NOTE: If you are seeking counseling services outside of Kittitas or Yakima counties, consider contacting a Case Manager or 2-1-1 for assistance locating a provider in your area.


    Visiting PsychologyToday will allow you to search for licensed therapists in your zip code. This site also has a search feature that will allow you filter therapists based on a number of factors including health insurance acceptance and service specialization. For additional assistance locating a counselor in your area, consider contacting a Case Manager or 2-1-1 for additional assistance

*Disclaimer: The list of contacts on this site regarding various resources and services is provided for the information and convenience of our site users. This list does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by CWU’s Office of Case Management. Please also note that this list is in no way exhaustive and does not contain all possible resources that may benefit our site users. If you would like to recommend additional resources for this or any of our other pages, please visit our Comments page to provide your feedback.

This page contains links to websites outside of CWU. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.

CWU News

CWU Business faculty dedicated to helping small-town small businesses grow

November 29, 2023


Sponsors needed for annual CWU President's Holiday Gift Project

November 29, 2023


More News