On-Campus Apartments

With six on-campus apartment options to choose from, students can rest assured that we have a unit that meets their needs. Whether you want an academic year contract or a 12-month contract, our units are convenient to your classes, include all utilities, and offer 24/7 staff to meet your needs. Our $200 deposit can't be beat for apartments in the area!

New for 2024-2025, check out our Carmody-Munro microstudios!

2024-2025 Lease Terms for Brooklane Village, Short-Getz, Student Village, or Wahle Apartments:

  • If you will be a new resident for one of the above complexes for 2024-2025, your lease term will be from September 2024 through June 15, 2025.
  • If you are a current resident in one of the complexes above and will be renewing your same unit/bedroom, your 2024-2025 lease term will be from June 15, 2024 to June 15, 2025.
  • If you have questions about lease terms, please contact us via chat, email housing@cwu.edu, or call us at 509-963-1831 so that we can address your specific situation.
Browse CWU Apartments

Before You Sign a Contract

  • What are the requirements to live in an on-campus apartment?

    A lessee (student) must be a student maintaining a minimum of seven credit hours of course work (five credits for graduate students) per quarter, unless an exception is approved in writing by the Associate Dean of Student Life, or be a contracted faculty/staff member of Central Washington University.

    Students must provide proof of academic acceptance to CWU prior to taking occupancy.

    Student apartments are available for occupancy for students who have completed one academic year of college or are 20 years of age or older and enrolled as a CWU student.

    University owned on-campus apartments are available to students with children, married students (must provide marriage certificate) single students.

  • How do I move from a residence hall to an apartment?

    To be eligible to move from a residence hall to an apartment, you need to have completed one academic year of college or be 20 years of age or older, and meet all other eligibility requirements. Students must submit a separate Apartment Application and deposit. The term of the contract remains that is specified in the residence hall contract.

    When transferring from the CWU residence halls to the CWU apartments, students must follow all the steps of checking out of the residence hall. Charges will continue to be billed to the student account until the student has checked out of the residence hall properly.

    One hundred dollars per each quarter will not be refunded from the dining debit dollars. This money will remain on the student’s connection card and can be used in the dining halls at any time, and anywhere before the end of the spring quarter.

  • How do I apply?

    Complete the apartment application online at MyHousing through MyCWUand submit the $200 application deposit.

    Placement of applicants into apartments is based on the application date, move-in date, and availability of apartment size, type, and location.

    Application date — This is the date of your completed apartment application.

    Move-in date — This is the date you wish to take occupancy of the apartment. For example, if two students submit an application on the same date requesting the same type of apartment and one requests August 1st and the other requests September 15th, the person requesting the August date will be assigned an apartment before the person requesting the September date.

  • When should I get on the waitlist?

    As soon as you know you are interested in an on-campus apartment. Frequently there are more requests than apartments available. Students are assigned according to the application date, move-in date, and availability of apartment size, type, and location.

  • When will I know if I'm assigned an apartment?

    Housing and Residence Life staff makes every effort to notify applicants of an opening within 30 days of apartment availability. This period of time may vary. You are welcome to contact Housing and Residence Life at (509) 963-1831 or send an email to housing@cwu.edu for an update on your application status.

  • How do I cancel my application?

    Contact Housing and Residence life by sending an e-mail to housing@cwu.edu to submit your request in writing.

  • What size are the apartments?

    Housing and Residence Life maintains studios, one, two, and three bedroom apartments. Floor plans and square footage information can be found on our individual apartment information pages

  • What utilities are included in my rent?
    The following utilities are included in the rent for these apartment complexes. Brooklane Village, Student Village, and Wahle apartments: heat, sewer, water, electricity, recycling and refuse service, and high-speed-internet (need an Ethernet-cat 5 cable).

    Brooklane Village, Getz Short, and Wahle have DSL/WiFi. (Student will be given a key code at any time of signing your apartment contract).

    You may also contact an internet service provider of your choice to set up a high-speed internet connection.

  • Are pets allowed?

    No. Pets are not allowed in the apartments. The only pets allowed are aquarium-bound fish in a tank no larger than 10 gallons. Residents must maintain responsibility for the aquariums at all times.

  • What is the deposit amount?

    A $200 deposit is required at the time of application.

On Campus Apartments

  • What is the lease/contract term?

    Contract terms are as follows:

    • 12-month: Brooklane Village, Short Getz, Student Village, and Wahle Apartments
    • 9-month: Anderson and Carmody-Munro Apartments

    The student may remain as long as he/she is eligible to occupy a University on-campus apartment. However, you must have lived in your apartment for a minimum of six months to be eligible to move to another apartment, and/or receive your $200 deposit back. Tenants are required to submit a Contract Cancellation Form if they wish to end their contract early due to graduation, withdrawing from the university, changing to all online courses, etc.

  • What are the rental rates?

    Rates can be found on our Housing Rates page. There are sections showing the current rates for each apartment complex under the Apartment Rates section.

  • Where can I view a copy of an apartment rental contract?

    Copies can be found on our Rates, Forms, and Contracts page.

Your Apartment & Contract

  • Who do I contact if I lock myself out of my apartment?

    First, attempt to contact your roommate(s) or family members. If they are not available, try to contact your apartment manager. If you get locked out during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm), you may also contact Housing and Residence Life at (509) 963-1323. If you get locked out after business hours, contact the on-call manager at (509) 201-6112. The on-call manager is available anytime that Housing and Residence Life is not open for business.

  • I plan on moving out soon. What do I need to do?

    All current Housing apartment contracts end on June 15, 2024. If you plan to move out then, you will select a check-out appointment time via MyHousing in May 2024. 

    If you need to move out prior to June 15, you will need to fill out a Contract Cancellation Form to request that your apartment contract be broken and you be released from the rent obligation. 

    Notify your roommate(s) that you are moving out.

  • Am I allowed to have guests stay with me? Where should they park?

    Guests are allowed to stay with you five days per month with the approval of all roommates (if applicable). If you would like a guest to stay longer you must request in writing and gain approval from Housing and Residence Life.

    Residents are responsible for the conduct and behavior of their guests.

    Guests parked in Apartment Parking Zones without a permit are subject to receiving a ticket. Contact the parking office or welcome center in regards to obtaining a "guest parking permit". Hours are from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.

  • Can I move from one apartment to another?

    Moving to another apartment will not be allowed under normal circumstances because of additional administration, maintenance, and cleaning costs. To be eligible to be on the waitlist to move to another apartment, you are required to live in your current apartment for six consecutive months.

    If your status changes, your family size increases, or you feel you have a special reason to request a transfer, submit a written request to housing@cwu.edu.

  • How do I connect to the internet?

    High-speed-internet (Ethernet access) is only provided in Student Village. Getz-Short, Wahle and Brooklane Village have DSL/WiFi.

  • Can I keep my apartment over the summer?

    Residents of Brooklane Village, Short Getz, Student Village, and Wahle apartments will automatically keep their apartment for Summer 2024, unless they have not chosen to renew their apartment contract for the coming year. If a resident has not renewed their contract for the 2024-2025 year, they will be expected to move out by June 15, 2024. Students not enrolled in Fall 2024 courses are not eligible to stay in their apartment for summer 2024.

    Residents of Anderson and Carmody-Munro apartments will not be eligible to stay over the summer and may move to summer housing in the residence halls, if they desire.

    All applicable lease and rental conditions apply. Sub-leasing is not an option.

  • Can I stay in my apartment for quarter breaks?

    Yes, you may stay in your apartment during quarter breaks.

  • When is rent due?

    Rent is due on the 1st of every month. Rent that is not paid by the 10th of the month is subject to a $50 late fee.

  • Where do I make rent payments?

    All payments must be submitted to the Cashier’s Office in Barge Hall, or online through Student Accounts.

  • Where can I find my lease agreement?

    If you want a copy of your lease agreement, email us at housing@cwu.edu that you would like one and include your student ID number.

Other Department Services

  • Do I have to sign up for a meal plan if I live in an apartment?

    No. However, if you are transferring from a residence hall to an on-campus apartment, you are required to pay a mandatory dining fee of $100 per quarter, which will be applied to your connection card for use at any CWU dining location.

  • Will financial aid cover my rent?

    You may choose to apply to have your Rent Applied From Financial Aid (RAFFA) each quarter. If approved for RAFFA, your monthly rent charges will be billed all at one time, at the beginning of the quarter with the intent of having them paid by your financial aid award money. Your application will be approved if Financial Aid indicates that your quarterly financial aid award will be enough to pay for your tuition and all of your monthly rent charges for that quarter. If you are denied the RAFFA Application, your rent charges will be billed each month. You may apply to have your Rent Applied from Financial Aid on your MyHousing page, once you have moved into an apartment.

    **Please note, even if you have not applied or been denied for RAFFA, any housing charges that have already exported to your account (ex. Rent charges for the first month of each quarter) will be paid by financial aid, even though subsequent monthly charges will not.

  • Who should I contact if I have a maintenance problem?

    Contact Facilities Management at (509) 963-3000 for all maintenance concerns. This number is in operation 24 hours a day. Please call during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM) for routine problems. Call anytime for emergencies (i.e. something that could or will cause physical harm to tenants or that could or will cause physical damage to property or structures).

  • Do I need a parking permit?

    Yes, you will need a parking permit.

    Brooklane Village, Short Getz, Student Village, and Wahle Residents
    When you move into an apartment you will need to go to the Parking and Public Safety building to obtain your Apartment Parking Zone decal, (APZ). There is no charge for your APZ permit. Those residents who wish to park in any other campus parking lot must pay to obtain a student parking permit from the Parking Office.

    Anderson and Carmody-Munro Residents
    You are required to purchase a standard campus parking permit from the parking office in order to park in the lots closest to your apartment complex.

Contact us!

We’re here to help and always happy to hear from you!

Housing Services Office
Button Hall
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
400 E University Way Ellensburg, WA 98926
(509) 963-1831

Residence Life Office and Mail Center
South of Barto Hall
Monday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
(509) 963-1323

For questions, comments or concerns please feel free to Fill Out Our Contact Us Form or email us and a representative from Housing and Residence Life will reach out to you during business hours.

CWU News

CWU professor to speak at February 27 Cultural Conversations event

February 21, 2024


Reserve your tickets for the President’s Diversity Awards by March 1

February 21, 2024


More News

Questions? Contact Us.

Housing & Residence Life

Button Hall