Welcome to Teacher Certification

Whether you are working toward your First Residency Teacher Certificate, Administrator Certificate or adding endorsements the Teacher Certification Program is here to help keep track of the required steps to certification.

Getting Started

Introductory information for those seeking a teaching certification

Read more about "Getting Started"

About Us

Additional information about the Teacher Certification program

Read more about "About Us"

Program Admission

Information on admission requirements and how to apply to the Teacher Certification program

Read more about "Program Admission"


Information about different endorsement programs and how to add new endorsements

Read more about "Endorsements"

Field Experience Clearance

Requirements for obtaining field experience clearance

Read more about "Field Experience Clearance"

Tests and Certification

Required tests and certifications

Read more about "Tests and Certification"

Student Resources

Resources for students within the Teacher Certification program

Read more about "Student Resources "


Federal Rules Disclosure

Statement on 34 CFR 668.43(a)(5)(v) and 34 CFR 668.43(c)

Candidates of Central Washington University’s Teacher Certification Program, complete requirements to be recommended for certification or endorsement in the state of Washington. Completion of the Teacher Certification Program requires students to maintain a 3.0 GPA, graduate with an endorsable degree and pass state assessments.

Except for Washington State, CWU has made no determination if this program will lead to licensure in your state or the state in which you are seeking licensure. Please reference the resources below to determine licensure requirements and/or transfer policies in your state.

The National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) have negotiated licensure reciprocity agreements among states. This means that if you earn licensure in Washington you may be able to gain licensure in your own state based on proof of a valid Washington license. NASDTEC agreements can be found by clicking the link below.

Please note: requirements for licensure can change without notice, therefore it is important to contact your State Department of Education to confirm reciprocity with your state. A list of state contacts and information can be found at the U.S. Department of Education

Questions? Contact Us

Teacher Certification Program

Black Hall 208-9

CWU News

Central Communication Agency gives students real-world public relations experience

June 12, 2024


City of Ellensburg partnering with CWU and others for Juneteenth celebration

June 12, 2024


Richard Wang's journey from CWU to tech trailblazer 

June 12, 2024


More News