• How do I cancel an appointment?

    Please notify an Office Assistant at the earliest convenience via email or phone call at 509-963-1270.

  • Can I share my screen with my tutor?

    Yes, using Zoom, in the toolbar in the middle of your screen you can start the “Share Screen” option. You may have to request to share the screen from your tutor before having that option enabled.

  • Are you experienced in working with students with learning disabilities?

    All of our tutors have initial training on supporting students with disabilities, including learning disabilities. If we can make any accommodations for you, please work with Disability Services or let us know directly how we can help!

  • What do I need to do to prepare for an online tutoring session?

    We recommend that you attend class, take notes, check upcoming dates as a starting point, and gather your materials before your session starts. If possible, it is best to find a quiet place with limited distractions to join your online tutoring session.

  • How long is a tutoring session?

    Session lengths differ slightly, depending on which support service you choose.

    • PALs groups run one hour or longer, depending on the class. Check the PALs website for the schedule.
    • Coaching appointments begin with a 20-minute intake session for your first appointment, and 50 minute appointments after the initial session.
    • Math Center appointments are 30 minutes, and drop-in sessions without a prior appointment are available first-come, first-served, for 30 minutes.
    • Writing Center appointments are 50 minutes, and drop-in sessions without a prior appointment are available first-come, first-served, for 30 minutes.
  • How often may I use tutoring?

    eTutoring has unlimited usage. Visit the website for more information. You may schedule appointments for up to two weeks in advance in the Math Center, Writing Center, and Coaching. If you would like to schedule out longer than that, you will need to call 509-963-1270 or email Tutoring Services.

  • What if I have to miss my appointment?

    ​​​​​​Please contact us by email or 509-963-1270 as soon as possible to let us know. Advance notice is preferred, and students who continually miss appointments will lose their ability to self-schedule.

  • Will my instructor be notified that I met with a tutor?

    Yes, your instructor will receive an automated message of your session. Instructors can also access reports of tutoring attendance, which is very useful if they are requesting you use the Learning Commons services for part of your grade or for extra credit.

  • I am (or someone in my household is) sick. What should I do?

    Please contact your primary care provider right away, especially if you have symptoms of COVID-19, for professional advice. We recommend reviewing the guidelines at the Washington State Department of Health website for safety precautions and for next steps.

  • Student Resources

    Brooks Library: Meet with a CWU librarian at the “Ask a Librarian” link on the right hand column, mid-way down the page.

    Student Medical and Counseling Clinic (SMaCC): Information about counseling services.

    FISH Food Bank: Serving boxed meals and other bagged/boxed food items through their agency located at 804 Elmview Road (this is further from campus than their former location but food delivery can be an option based on circumstances if not able to get there without assistance; call for more info at 509-925-5990). Their website has very updated information, including information on other resources and current hours of operation.

    Wildcat Pantry: In addition to the list of food pantries located around CWU's campus, the link also includes the option to "Request Assistance." Students with less than $7 on their Connection Card can "request assistance" of $25, which is loaded onto the student's card shortly after submitting the request. This resource is limited to 2 uses per academic year, and students requesting a 3rd time will be required to follow up with Financial Aid and/or with CWU's Office of Case Management before receiving additional funds (contact with these resources does not automatically result in the release of additional funds but may still be helpful for longer-term financial resource needs). All of this guidance will be sent to students attempting to request $3x or more.

    DSHS (Department of Social & Health Services): Washington State's resource for basic needs, to include food stamps (EBT Card), medical coverage, and cash assistance. Students should make their first contact with DSHS online.

    There is a CSO (Community Service Office) in Ellensburg, located on University Way between Exit #106 and Ellensburg proper. We recommend completing the state application online (see link above) and making follow-up inquiries by phone. The link above should be able to notify students right away if they are available for assistance and, if yes, which kind(s). Applying does not automatically result in any student acceptance or responsibilities; the steps to take once deemed eligible will be provided in writing and are available in a variety of languages other than English.

    Financial Aid: Please Note: Students will be asked to contact Financial Aid prior to any actions taken by Case Managers to review the options available to them through CWU's Financial Aid Office, located in Bouillon Hall (first floor), by phone at 509-963-1611, and/or online (see link above).

    HopeSource: A community resource that has special resources/services available to Youth (ages through ~25 years old at last contact, per Case Management), Veterans, and other community members with financial needs related to Housing, Utilities, Eviction Prevention, etc.; HopeSource is a resource recommended by many CWU students over the years. They will request students to schedule an intake with their specific service area, and are also known to provide consistent and reliable transportation for appointments with medical and social service providers (HopeSource providers included). For more information about this resource, visit their website (link above).

    Kittitas County: Info/Resource Line 2-1-1: For additional resource options not referenced in this list, refer to this website for all local resources by topic, area, alphabetically, etc.

CWU News

CWU Business faculty dedicated to helping small-town small businesses grow

November 29, 2023


Sponsors needed for annual CWU President's Holiday Gift Project

November 29, 2023


More News