Teacher Certification Program
Black Hall 128-1

(509) 963-2661

Start Your Journey to Teacher Certification

Whether you are working toward your First Residency Teacher Certificate, Administrator Certificate or adding endorsements the Teacher Certification Program is here to help keep track of the required steps to certification. If you have any questions please reach out, we are excited to help you successfully reach this goal!

Traditional Pathway to Teaching

This is a very broad overview of the process and requirements to earn your recommendation to OSPI for the Residency Teaching Certificate.

Step 1:

Step 2:

  • Complete all Major and Minor coursework. If you would like to schedule an appointment to get help on becoming fully admitted to the Teacher Certification Program, sign up for a TCP 201 appointment to get assistance.

Step 3:

Step 4:

  • Complete Student Teaching, and exit content exams. When your degree is awarded and all requirements are recieved, the Teacher Certification Program will recommend you to OSPI and e-mail you directions on your next steps. Register for the TCP 401 webinar around mid-terms of your student teaching quarter to answer your questions about what happens next.

Step 5:

  • Claim your certificate from e-cert. Change lives!

Alternative Pathways to Teaching

Post-baccalaureate MAT program

Already a Teacher?

For more information on adding an endorsement to current WA teacher certificate please look at our Endorsement Only Program

For more information about becoming an administrator please look at the Administrator Certification Program

  • Federal Rules Disclosure

    Statement on 34 CFR 668.43(a)(5)(v) and 34 CFR 668.43(c)

    Candidates of Central Washington University’s Teacher Certification Program, complete requirements to be recommended for certification or endorsement in the state of Washington. Completion of the Teacher Certification Program requires students to maintain a 3.0 GPA, graduate with an endorsable degree and pass state assessments.

    Except for Washington State, CWU has made no determination if this program will lead to licensure in your state or the state in which you are seeking licensure. Please reference the resources below to determine licensure requirements and/or transfer policies in your state.

    The National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) have negotiated licensure reciprocity agreements among states. This means that if you earn licensure in Washington you may be able to gain licensure in your own state based on proof of a valid Washington license. NASDTEC agreements can be found by clicking the link below.

    Please note: requirements for licensure can change without notice, therefore it is important to contact your State Department of Education to confirm reciprocity with your state. A list of state contacts and information can be found at the U.S. Department of Education.

This page contains links to websites outside of The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.

Updated 9/30/2021