Business Services
Kamola Hall, Room 128
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg WA, 98926
Phone: (509) 963-2310
Fax: (509) 963-2336

What you need to know about Records Management

The Records Management Program at Central Washington University provides information for the identification, management, and preservation of active, inactive, and archival records. The program operates under Public Records Law, RCW 40.14 (Preservation and Destruction of Public Records) and RCW 40.10 (Protection of Essential Records).

University records by statutory definition are public property and must be maintained, transferred, and destroyed according to records retention schedules approved by the State Records Committee.

Record Retention Schedules
The following two record retention schedules should be used to manage University public records:

CWU Record Retention Schedule (PDF)
This Schedule contains record retention's specific to Central Washington University records.

WA State General Records Retention Schedule (PDF)
This Schedule contains records series retention's common to all Washington State Government agencies.

This page contains links to websites outside of The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.