Please follow all steps below to help us keep the office open for your fingerprinting needs:
- Check-in with the Staff member prior to going to the Fingerprinting office.
- Wear a mask from the time you arrive outside of Black Hall until you depart the building premises. Failure to do this will result in a denial to proceed with fingerprinting and you will be sent away until you can comply.
- Have your own mask. You cannot borrow or share with other people.
- Wash hands before fingerprinting.
Check your appointment confirmation e-mail and reminder e-mail for updated information about your appointment.
Required for All Field Experiences Courses
- Process takes approximately 15-20 minutes. Please come by yourself.
- Completion of the Individual Information Form (PDF) needs to be done prior to the appointment. If you cannot complete the form prior to your appointment, arrive ten (10) minutes early to complete it.
- Present a government issued form of identification (i.e., driver's license, military id or passport). Your CWU Connection Card is NOT an acceptable form of government issued identification.
- We do not accept cash or debit/credit cards. Bring $80.39 payable to CWU in personal check, cashier's check or money order for the processing fee. You may charge the fee to your CWU account if you present your Connection Card at the appointment.
Send fingerprints to OSPI from private agency or law enforcement.
1. Request a fingerprint card from firstname.lastname@example.org to be mailed to you.
2. Bring the card to a private agency or law enforment agency where you will be printed.
3. Mail the completed card and $45.25 (check, money order or cashier's check) made payable to OSPI to:
Attn: Fiscal Office
PO BOX 47200
Olympia, WA 98504-7200
Send fingerprints to OSPI from DCYF (Previously DEL)
1. Complete DCYF (DEL) Background Check Request form(PDF)
2. You will be mailed 2 copies in sealed envelopes
3. Mail a sealed copy to OSPI to:
Attn: Fingerprint Records Office
Old capitol Building
PO BOX 47200
Olympia, WA 98501-7200
Non-traditional candidates and/or candidates who have had specific past careers/hobbies may experience difficulty with fingerprint clearance. You may be asked to return to have your fingers scanned one or more times if the CWU Certification Office is unable to process your prints the first time. Please allow enough time for clearance should this be the case.
Disagree with results?
If you believe the results of your background check from the FBI are not complete or are wrong, you have an opportunity to complete or challenge the accuracy of the information by sending a written challenge request to the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division to the following address:
FBI CJIS Division
Attn: Correspondence Group
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306
Your written request to the FBI should clearly identify the information that you feel is inaccurate or incomplete and should include copies of any available proof or documents that support your claim. The correspondence group will contact appropriate agencies to try to verify or correct challenged entries for you. When the FBI receives official communication from the agency with jurisdiction over the matter, the FBI will make appropriate changes and notify you of the outcome. (This process is described in 28 C.F.R.)
Request physical copy of Background Check
You may complete the OSPI Request Form(PDF) and sumbit it to OSPI to have a hard copy of your background check.
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University