Exempt Employee Association
The Exempt Employee Association (EEA) executive committee seeks to provide service, support, and acknowledgment to-and-for all exempt employees. We endeavor to provide a unified voice for CWU exempt employees in developing and offering recommendations to the president on staff welfare, personnel policy, and procedures.
We also seek to keep you abreast of developments throughout the year. I encourage you to contact your particular EEA area representative, or an at-large member, with questions you may have. As an exempt employee, you may also request to attend a meeting if you have a particular topic that you would like to addess with the committee. Email the EEA to request to attend, and see the meeting schedule below.
In addition, we recognize an Employee of the Month for each month throughout the year. Each monthly winner then has the chance to be named the CWU Exempt Employee of the Year. If you know of a colleague who goes above and beyond normal job responsibilities, offers unique contributions to their work unit and/or the university as a whole, has a significant and positive impact on those they work with or come in contact with, and consistently performs for the betterment of CWU, please consider nominating them for the monthly honor.
Once again, on behalf of CWU’s EEA executive committee, we hold it an honor and responsibility to serve you and all of the exempt employees here at CWU.
Carolyn Thurston, Chair
EEA Executive Committee
- EEA Mission
To provide administrators and professional staff a vehicle to:
- ensure a unified voice of exempt employees;
- represent all exempt employees and professional staff through administrators;
- uphold a conducive environment for teaching, learning, research, and service;
- make recommendations to the president on staff welfare, personnel policy, and procedures; and
- provide exempt employees with opportunities for involvement in the university from attending EEA meetings to representing exempt employees on various committees.
- Meeting Schedule
2021-2022 EEA Executive Committee Meeting Schedule
(held via Zoom)
Every other Monday, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. (beginning January 11, 2021)
Open to staff, advanced registration is required. Email ExemptEmpAssoc@cwu.edu.