HSRC Report a Concern

If you are concerned about your rights or the rights of others as human subjects in a research study, please report your concerns. Any concerned party can complete the form. All information provided is strictly confidential. Please be as specific as possible regarding your concern.

Examples of concerns that may be brought to the attention of the HSRC include:

  1. Verbal or written complaints from participants in research.
  2. Reports that an investigator is not following the research protocol as approved by the HSRC.
  3. Reports that data collection began prior to HSRC approval.
  4. Repeated failure of an investigator to report required or requested information to the HSRC.
  5. Research presentations or publications by CWU investigators for which there is no HSRC-approved protocol.
  6. Whistleblower information regarding compliance in a study.
  7. Compliance concerns are determined through a funding agency audit.

All reports are reviewed and processed by the human protection administrator and/or the HSRC chairperson. Depending on the nature of the concern and the type of research (exempt or regulatory), the HSRC will comply with federal regulations (45 CFR 46.113) and CWU Policy and Procedures to address concerns.

If you are a Washington State employee, you may utilize the Whistleblower Program. Employees that utilize the Whistleblower Program are protected from retaliation if the complainant acts in good faith and appropriately reports the improper governmental actions to the Office of the State Auditor (How to Report a Concern) or one of CWU’s designees.

You may also contact the human protection administrator directly by calling 509-963-3115 or emailing hsrc@cwu.edu

CWU News

Central Communication Agency gives students real-world public relations experience

June 12, 2024


City of Ellensburg partnering with CWU and others for Juneteenth celebration

June 12, 2024


More News