Information about the application process, application deadlines, the BPC guidelines, and judging criteria are available at: http://www.cwu.edu/business/cwu-student-business-plan-competition
- $10,000 in venture fund prize money
- Workshops on fundamental business plan topics like marketing, finance
- Professional mentors to provide feedback and guidance for your ideas & plans
- Access to state of the art resources from the Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Washington
- Access to the University of Washington Business Plan Competition
CWU students and student teams are encouraged to enter. The process involves 5 steps:
- Create and submit an Abstract of the business idea. Submit your Abstract by Friday, February 6, 2015 at the URL listed above.
- Screening of Abstracts to determine meritorious Abstracts.
- Meritorious Abstracts will develop a comprehensive, written Business Plan.
- Screening of Business Plans to determine the six (6) finalists.
- Each finalist will present the Business Plan at the SOURCE Conference where the top 3 awards are determined.
The Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I4IE) Business Plan competition is sponsored by the Herbert B. Jones Foundation and presented by the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at CWU and SOURCE.