Eligibility and Plan Information
This page includes coverage dates and plan cost for Undergraduates, Graduate Students without an Assistantship, International Students and Visiting Faculty/Scholars. This is offered as an informational resource to students interested in obtaining health insurance through the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) which CWU makes available to its students who meet the eligibility requirements of the plan.
NOTE: This is not the final version of the health coverage policy, please be sure to read the important disclosure information included on the summary and policy brochures located in the brochures / forms tab below.
- During the open enrollment period noted below, all registered Undergraduate Students taking 6 or more credit hours, Graduate Students without an assistantship taking 3 or more credit hours, Post-Graduate Students taking 1 or more credit hours, Pre-Doctoral Interns, Visiting Scholars, Research Scholars, and International Students/Scholars are eligible to enroll.
- Students must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 days after the date for which coverage is purchased. Home study, distance learning, internet classes and television (TV) courses do not fulfill the eligibility requirements that the student actively attend classes. The Company maintains its right to investigate student status and attendance records to verify that the eligibility requirements have been met. If the Company discovers the eligibility requirements have not been met, its only obligation is refund of premium.
2022-2023 Term Coverage (Sept 16, 2022 - Sept 15, 2023)
- Effective Dates and Costs
Student $3227 $973 $734 $743 $778 Spouse $3227 $973 $734 $743 $778 One Child $3227 $973 $734 $743 $778 Two or More Children $6454 $1946 $1468 $1486 $1556 Spouse & Two or More Children $9681 $2919 $2202 $2229 $2334
- Brochures | Create your My Account | Free Mobile App | Etc.
- Policy Brochure (PDF)
- Summary Brochure (PDF)
- How to create your My Account (PDF) - View benefits, view or print your ID card, claims status, etc.
- Mobile App Information (PDF)- Free Mobile App gives you quick and easy access to all your information.
- How to Enroll Dependents Online (PDF)
- How to Enroll (Including how to enroll your dependents online)
Enroll at United Health Care
- Choose your plan description
- Select Explore Policy
- Choose the Enroll Now button
The information provided here does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of coverage:
Please contact Toni Burvee, Director of Business Services with questions at (509) 963-2335, or visit the United Health Care Website.
If you have any questions about benefits, please contact UHCSR Customer Service at 1-800-767-0700, or consult the summary brochure.
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.