Welcome to CWU Running Start!
CWU welcomes eligible high school juniors and seniors to participate in the Running Start program at Ellensburg, Sammamish, and online. Students enrolled in the Running Start program are able to take college courses tuition-free during the fall, winter, and spring quarters. The credits earned from these courses are generally transferable to other colleges and universities, while also satisfying high school graduation requirements. Students may enroll simultaneously in high school and college courses, or exclusively in college courses.
Participating in the Running Start program allows Running Start students the opportunity to take a wide range of courses from CWU faculty and gain the experience of a traditional college student while also enjoying the support of their family, high school, and local community. Running Start is available to local high school students at the main campus in Ellensburg, at CWU Sammamish, and online. Please explore our website to see if Running Start at Central Washington University is right for you.
If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to us at RunningStart3@cwu.edu or call us at 509-963-1351 (Ellensburg campus) or 425-392-2110 (Sammamish campus).
- Admissions & Testing Information
- Virtual Information Session
- Homeschool Students
- Benefits & Things to Keep in Mind
- Running Start Advising
Upcoming Important Application Dates:
- The Spring 2021 Running Start Application is open from December 17, 2021 - March 16, 2021. Spring advising will start February 1.
- The Fall 2021 Running Start Application is open from February 2, 2021 - September 10, 2021. Fall advising will start in May.
We encourage all students to apply and complete any required testing early.