May. 19, 2017
Westbound Indian John Rest Area Near Cle Elum Closed Next Week
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) reports that next week the westbound Indian John Rest area along Interstate 90 near Cle Elum will be closed to drivers.
WSDOT and contractor crews are repaving sections of I-90 near the westbound Indian John Rest Area near milepost 89, which requires it to be closed from 4 a.m. Monday, May 22 until 10 p.m. Tuesday, May 23. The next available rest area for drivers is located at the summit of Snoqualmie Pass at Travelers Rest.
Drivers will also experience delays Monday, May 22 through Friday, May 26 due to daytime rolling slowdowns and lane closures during the day and at night in several locations between North Bend near milepost 47 to Ellensburg near milepost 120.
Drivers are encouraged to use the WSDOT tools to help plan their trip across I-90 this summer, including:
• Download WSDOT’s freesmartphone app to check statewide pass conditions.
• Receive text message alerts about closures and delays by texting the number468311 with the words "WSDOT Snoqualmie"
• Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
• Call 5-1-1 from your hands-free device
• Sign up for email updates
• Follow WSDOT on Twitter@SnoqualmiePass