CWU News

Westbound I-90 is closed, snow on the way

Washington State Department of Transportation logoAs of 4:07 p.m., the Washington State Department of Transportation reports westbound I-90 is closed. Eastbound traffic is being allowed, though chains are required on all vehicles, except those with all-wheel drive, and oversize vehicles are also prohibited.


The National Weather Service is forecasting a 20 percent chance of snow for the Ellensburg area before 10:00 p.m. followed by a 30 percent chance of snow after 10:00 a.m. on Saturday and a 50 percent chance of snow Saturday night, with new snow accumulation of around an inch possible.