Feb. 7, 2019
Campus Resources Available
At Central Washington University, the safety of our students and employees is our top priority. If any CWU students, staff and faculty are experiencing distress as a result of the lockdown and evacuation, please take advantage of the campus resources that are available to you:
- The Counseling Center is located across from the SURC parking lot. Counselors are available by drop in or appointment, 509-963-1391.
- Additional drop in counselor hours are available in SURC 202 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 7, 2019.
- 24/7 Local Crisis Line, 1-509-925-4168.
- Courtesy Assistance Team, 1-509-963-2950.
If, as a member of the CWU community, you find yourself unable to perform your regular duties or attend class, we urge you to talk to a friend, faculty member, or advisor.
Additionally, employees are encouraged to use the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) 1-800-777-4114 and may contact the Human Resources office at 509-963-1202.
Also note that police officers are on campus 24/7 to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and faculty.
Take the following safety precautions both on and off campus:
- Be aware of your surroundings. Walking while distracted or unable to hear what’s around you puts you at risk.
- Use only one earbud if listening to music or talking on the phone.
- Travel with a friend or a buddy.
- Choose routes that are well-lit and populated whenever possible.
- Locate convenient, well-lit, frequently used bus stops.
CWU supports a culture of reporting behaviors of concern to maintain a safe learning and working environment. REMEMBER, if you See Something, Say Something by calling Campus Police 24/7 at 509-925-8534. Writing a behavior of concern report can be found on your https://my.cwu.edu/ account.
If additional information becomes available regarding the incident, we will update you. In the meantime, we are working with our University Police Department to support your safety on campus.
Dean of Student Success
Central Washington University