Welcome to the Diversity and Equity Center
The Diversity and Equity cultivates a sense of belonging and community on campus through programs and initiatives that encourage students to explore their identities, challenge barriers and empower themselves and their communities.
The Diversity and Equity Center summer hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00-5:00 p.m!
DEC staff are available by appointment outside of these hours and have dedicated open office hours over summer as well! Click the button below to schedule a meeting! If you do not see a date/time that works for you, please send us an email. We are happy to accommodate your schedule! Connect with us virtually through the following options:
Abby Chien Monday (2:00-3:00 p.m.) and Thursday (1:00-2:00 p.m.)
Katrina Whitney Tuesday 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Elizabeth Vidaurri Wednesday 1:00-2:00 p.m
Michele Cook Available by phone/email below
- Email email@example.com or call (509) 963-2127, or connect directly with individual staff members - check out our staff directory page for contact information
- Connect during the hours below by clicking the button to schedule a meeting.
The following resources are intended to serve as a start to explore and learn about anti-racist behaviors and practice. These resources are not intended to be comprehensive, nor do they represent a singular approach; these range from toolkits to personal narratives that can assist with critical reflection and movement to action. Please feel free to share additional resources or provide feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Black-led conversations for healing from racialized trauma
- Resources for Black Healing
- Healing Action Toolkit
- Healing Justice Podcast: Irresistible
- 44 Mental Health Resources for Black People
Learning and unlearning toward anti-racist reflection & praxis
- The Anti-Racism Starter Kit
- Mapping Roles in a Social Change Ecosystem (PDF)
- Affirming Black Lives without Inducing Trauma
- How Movements Build: Five Lessons from Grace Lee Boggs
- CWU Brooks Library's Anti-Racist Reading List
Solidarity and Allyship
- Black Lives Matter Card
- Letters for Black Lives
- 9 Ways Multiracial People Can Show Up for Black People
- Bill of Responsibilities for Multiracial People of Color with Light Skin and White Passing Privilege
- 20+ Allyship Actions for Asians to Show up for the Black Community Right Now
- Why Black Lives Matter to Me as a Filipina
- How Latinx People can Fight Anti-Black Racism in Our Own Culture
- Indigenous Allyship
- Anti-Racism Resources for White People
- Guidelines for Being Strong White Allies
- Showing up for Racial Justice
- For our White Friends Desiring to Be Allies
- 75 Things White People Can do for Racial Justice
- Allyship and Accountability Glossary
- Performative Allyship is Deadly (And What to Do Instead)
- 47 Very Specific Answers to "What Can I Do to Help?"
Contextualizing Histories, Exploring Narratives
- A Timeline of Events that Led to the 2020 'Fed Up'-rising
- A Decade of Watching Black People Die - Code Switch Podcast
- The 1619 Project
- Pride History - Black Trans Lives
- Intersectionality Matters
- Still Processing