- Able to attend classes in the evenings for approximately two full years (summers included)
- Meet CWU's general education requirements through a community college direct transfer agreement (DTA), bachelor's degree, or equivalent from any state accredited college or university.
- Meet all program pre-requisites including: CWU's Math 164 and 250, Pre-observation hours (40), EFC 310 and PSY 314. These courses can be completed at Wenatchee Valley College. Stop by our office for a list of transfer courses.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA in the last forty-five (45) credits or a 3.0 cumulative GPA is required.
Central Washington University`s Bachelor of Arts in Education degree with a major in Elementary Education (K-8) is available to prospective students who have earned a two-year transfer associates degree (DTA) or a bachelor or greater degree from an accredited college. Successful completion of this degree and other teacher certification requirements, including the state endorsement examinations, will lead to a Washington State teaching certificate with an elementary education endorsement.
CWU's teacher preparation program is accredited both regionally and nationally. Students obtain a broad education covering a variety of content disciplines. Our constructivist teaching philosophy, curriculum, and facilities support a rich education experience with small class sizes, hands-on experience, regular interaction with expert faculty, and opportunities for research. Through cooperative partnerships with local school districts, students have the opportunity to develop practical teaching skills in real classroom settings.
• Contact CWU-Wenatchee 509-963-3950 or 509-665-2600.
• Apply for admission to Central Washington University online at www.cwu.edu/admissions. Submit official electronic or hard copy transcripts from any colleges or universities you have attended to Admissions in Ellensburg and provide CWU-Wenatchee with a student copy for advising purposes.
• Apply to the Teacher Preparation Program (TPP) at CWU. Download and complete the TPP Application at www.cwu.edu/teacher-certification. Submit completed application packet to CWU-Wenatchee.
• Pass all sections of the Washington Educator Skills Test - Basic (WEST-B) or have qualifying ACT or SAT scores. Testing dates and information are available online at www.west.nesinc.com.
For information about CWU's Certification program, visit www.cwu.edu/teacher-certification. For information about the teaching profession in general, visit www.teachwashington.org.