SALUTE is national academic honor society recognizing student veterans and military personnel who have
demonstrated outstanding performance in the academic setting. One of the primary goals of SALUTE is to
acknowledge and recognize members who have shown courage, strength, leadership, excellence, and
perseverance in their military endeavors and now are showing that same commitment to their academic
All applicants must meet or exceed the requirements set forth by the National Office of SALUTE and the
guidelines outlined by the Central Washington University (CWU) Chapter:
- An undergraduate student must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at CWU University at the time of application submission, and have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- A graduate student must have completed a minimum of 9 credit hours at CWU University at the time of application submission, and have a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade point average.
- An applicant must be currently enrolled at CWU at the time of the induction ceremony.
- An applicant must have received an honorable discharge from the armed forces or provide proof of current duty station (copy of DD Form 214 with character of service indicated or copy of current orders must be provided).
- An undergraduate student may be eligible for one of four tiers based on cumulative grade point average: Delta tier 3.00-3.24; Charlie tier 3.25-3.49; Bravo tier 3.50-3.74; and Alpha tier 3.75-4.0.
- A graduate student with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 may be eligible as a SALUTE GOLD member.