SUMMARY OF RESTRICTIONS FOR CENTRAL WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY TUITION WAIVERS
Please contact the Veterans Center Office for information.
VETERAN CONFLICT GRANT: Not available summer quarter.
Central Washington University (CWU) offers a Veteran Conflict Grant (amount of available grant is determined each academic year) with the following limitations and requirements:
1. Admission to CWU
2. DD-214 Member 4 copy (all grants are awarded on information that the Department of Defense (DOD) codes on each DD-214)
3. Veteran must be a Washington State Resident.
4. Veteran must complete the FAFSA-Financial Aid Application each year.
5. Minimum enrollment must be halftime (6 credits).
6. The Veteran of Foreign Conflict Waiver/Central Grant can be received for up to 225 quarter credits.
CHILDREN AND SPOUSE OF TOTALLY DISABLED OR POW/MIA OR DECEASED ELIGIBLE VETERANS OR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERS RCW 28B.15.621Tuition Waiver:
The Veteran Dependent Waiver can be received for up to 200 quarter credits. The legislature established this waiver to honor active and reserve veterans, National Guard members and their dependents. This is a mandatory tuition waiver for the children and spouse of totally disabled or POW/MIA or deceased eligible veterans or National Guard Members.
• Child and spouse of an eligible veteran or National Guard member who became totally disabled;
• Child and spouse of an eligible veteran or National Guard member determined to be a prisoner of war or missing in action;
• Child and spouse of an eligible veteran or National Guard member who lost his or her life;
• Child is defined as a biological child, adopted child, or stepchild.
Conditions for applying for this waiver include:
• The child and/or spouse and Veteran must be a Washington resident
• Children must between the age of 17 and 26
• A child's marital status does not affect eligibility
• Surviving spouses have 10 years from the date of the death, total disability, or federal determination of prisoner of war or missing in action status of the eligible veteran or national guard member to receive the waiver
• Surviving spouses are ineligible for the waiver upon remarriage
• Each recipient's continued participation in the waiver program is subject to the colleges' satisfactory progress policy.
DOCUMENTATION: To determine eligibility, the student must submit a copy of the letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs authorizing dependent benefits (Certificate of Eligibility). Student must complete the FAFSA-Financial Aid Application-each year.
LAW ENFORCEMENT/FIREFIGHTERS WAIVER: Police and Firefighter Waiver can be received for up to 200 quarter credits.
According to RCW 28B.15.380, children and surviving spouses of any law enforcement officer or fire fighter who lost his/her life or became totally disabled in the line of duty will receive this waiver and only if study begins within 10 years of high school graduation.
Click this link for application form/details
Refer all students to:
Central Washington University
Bouillon Hall Room 206
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7466
All restrictions subject to change.