In order to be at least conditionally admitted to the Teacher Certification Program, candidates must complete items 1 - 4 below. To be fully admitted to the Teacher Certification Program, candidates must successfully complete all items listed below.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted, therefore, will be returned to the candidate. In order for an application to be accepted by the Teacher Certification Program, items 2-4 listed below must be submitted together.
Admission Requirements are as follows:
- A 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) for the last 45 graded quarter credits (the total may exceed 45 if an entire quarter is needed to achieve the minimum 45) or overall CWU/transfer cumulative. Acceptance can be granted to individuals with a 2.8 GPA, with the provision those individuals meet the 3.0 GPA and are fully admitted prior to enrolling in EFC courses and making application for student teaching and certification. If your GPA does not meet the required 2.8 for conditional admittance or 3.0 for full admittance, it is your responsibility to contact the CWU Certification Office, once you have completed additional course work, to have your GPA recalculated. Please give the CWU Certification Office enough notice so that your GPA can be recalculated in time for preregistration as the recalculation of your GPA takes time.
- Completed Application for Admission to Teacher Education.
- Completed Character and Fitness Supplement.
- Official or unofficial transcripts from each college/university attended, except CWU (these transcripts are independent of transcripts sent for university application purposes).
- Successful completion of ENG 101, ENG 102, and one of either MATH 101, 153, 154, 164, 170, or 172.
- Satisfy the basic skills requirement. Students may satisfy this requirement through any of the following test scores:
Info on the WEST-B can be found online at www.west.nesinc.com
- Submission of the Dispositional Survey. Once you activate your LiveText account, you are automatically sent the Admissions Dispositional Survey. The survey is located in your Forms box of LiveText. Once you have completed the survey, click the submit button. The Teacher Certification Office verifies recent survey submissions every Friday. Please call (509) 963-2661 if you have any questions.
Deadlines for application: Ellensburg Campus - Fall Quarter (April 1), Winter Quarter (Oct. 1), Spring Quarter (Jan. 1), Summer Quarter (April 1); Off-Campus Centers - Fall Quarter (June 30).
Print out a CHECKLIST of important steps to keep track of while completing your education program at CWU.
Submit completed application forms to Teacher Certification, 400 East University Way, Ellensburg, WA 98926-7414