Finishing Original Endorsements
Have you recently passed the NES/WEST-E test for your minor or second major and want to add that endorsement to your teaching certificate? Complete the Finishing Original Endorsements form to notify us of your request.
Adding New Endorsements
Central Washington University's Endorsement-Only Program is available to certified teachers who hold the Washington State initial, residency, continuing, or professional teaching certificate and who wish to add a teaching endorsement to their certificate. If you have questions about cost of attendance please contact Financial Aid.
- Test-only Endorsements
Please reference OSPI for current endorsements that only require a test. Once you have passed the required test you will submit the endorsement application directly to OSPI using your E-Certification account.
If you would like to take courses in any of these options, please e-mail the Teacher Certification Program for information on options.
- Test + Content Courses
Please reference OSPI (Program +test) for current endorsements that require a test and content courses.
Interested in the endorsement(s) that require additional content courses?
CWU offers endorsement only programs in:
- Business and Marketing
- Elementary Education Endorsement
Elementary Education Campus Offered In-Person Offered Online Ellensburg x Des Moines x Pierce x Yakima x Wentachee x
A credit evaluation will be done to accomodate adding this endorsement compared to the Undergraduate Major requirements.
- English Language Learners Endorsement
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Health and Fitness Endorsement
- Library Media Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement
- Special Education Endorsement
- Technology Education
- Traffic Safety Endorsement
Ready to Apply to the Endorsement Only Program?
- Complete the online application and program fee.
- Your program fee includes an optional credit evaluations on the endorsements (up to 2) you would like to add. If you think you have coursework from the last 10 years applicable to the new endorsment, please e-mail unofficial copies of the transcripts to email@example.com for an evaluation. The transcripts will be reviewed by the academic departments and e-mailed back to you for your records. If you are requesting evaluations on more than 2 endorsements, additional fees may be required.
- Apply to CWU. If you wish to recieve financial aid or are completing a full Master's program, apply for regular admission. If you are completing just selected courses and do not need financial aid, complete the Non-Matriculated Registration Form. The Endorsement Only Program application is in addition to CWU admissions application.
- It will be your responsibility to meet with your academic advisor to plan and complete the required courses.
- Teacher Certification will complete quarterly audits. To qualify for an endorsement to teach in more than one specialization, candidates must meet the requirements for each specialization, including the passing of the WEST-E or NES in each area. Upon completion of content courses and passing of WEST-E/NES exam, please submit the Endorsement-Only completion form and the Teacher Certification Program will move forward with your recommendation to OSPI. We will email you the instructions on claiming the institution's recommendation.
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.