Adding Additional Endorsements
Central Washington University's Endorsement-Only Program is available to certified teachers who hold the Washington State initial, residency, continuing, or professional teaching certificate and who wish to add a teaching endorsement to their certificate. If you have questions about cost of attendance please contact Financial Aid.
Please reference OSPI for current endorsements that only require a test. Once you have passed the required test you will submit the endorsement application directly to OSPI using your E-Certification account.
If you would like to take courses in any of these options, please e-mail the Teacher Certification Program for information on options.
Test + Content Courses
Please reference OSPI (Program +test) for current endorsements that require a test and content courses.
Interested in the endorsement(s) that require additional content courses?
CWU offers endorsement only programs in:
- Business and Marketing
Elementary Education Endorsement
Elementary Education Campus Offered In-Person Offered Online Ellensburg x Des Moines x Pierce x Yakima x Wentachee x
A credit evaluation will be done to accomodate adding this endorsement compared to the Undergraduate Major requirements.
- English Language Learners Endorsement
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Health and Fitness Endorsement
- Library Media Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement
- Special Education Endorsement
- Technology Education
- Traffic Safety Endorsement
Ready to Apply?
- Complete the Endorsement-Only Program App (PDF) and mail a check for $40 made payable to CWU as well as any transcripts your would like to be evaluated to:
Teacher Certification Program
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7414
- Your application fee includes 1-2 credit evaluations on the endorsements (up to 2) you would like to add. The credit evaluations will be mailed back to you for your records. If you are requesting additional evaluations on more than 2 endorsements, additional fees may be required.
- Apply to CWU. If you wish to recieve financial aid or are completing a full Master's program, apply for regular admission. If you do not need financial aid complete the Non-Matriculated Registration Form (PDF) and send it to the Registrar's office. It will be your responsibility to meet with your academic advisor to plan your course of study. To qualify for an endorsement to teach in more than one specialization, candidates must meet the requirements for each specialization, including the passing of the WEST-E or NES in each area.
- Teacher Certification will complete quarterly audits. Upon completion of content courses and passing of WEST-E/NES exam, the Teacher certification program will move forward with your recommendation to OSPI. We will email you the instructions on claiming the institution's recommendation.
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.