To request funds from S&A a funding request packet needs to be filled out, this can be found in the on the S&A website.
In the event of travel, a travel authorization must be completed PRIOR to travel. Travel Authorization forms can be found on the Accounting website. Forms can be turned into SURC Accounting in SURC 263 prior to Dean & Provost approval and will be routed to those offices for completion (if necessary).
Contact Sharon Jonassen at Jonassen@cwu.edu and submit an electronic copy of the supplemental budget request form to receive a place on the S&A agenda to request funds.
Attend the S&A meeting you have been assigned to present your request for funding once, your meeting time will be given my phone or e-mail after the request has been submitted.
After the return from travel or the end of the event, you have 2 weeks to turn in all relevant receipts and provide travel vouchers for reimbursement to SURC Accounting (SURC 263). In the event that all receipts have not been returned to SURC Accounting within the 2 week timeframe, only those receipts turned in will be reimbursed.
Purchases are paid on a reimbursement basis only, purchases allowable for reimbursement are:
- Travel: This includes motor pool, private cars, gas, mileage, airfare, and other related transportation expenses, including meals. Travel is for the most part subject to all travel procedures.
- Registration: This includes admission fees, guest speakers and lodging.
- Guest Speakers: A W-9 and A-19 or Invoice are required for all payments and will be paid through the University. If the payment for service is greater than $500.00, a standard agreement form should be completed with an authorized signer of the University. An announcement, flier, or any type of document publicizing the event should be attached.
- Decorations: Decorations can be purchased, however they must remain with the University after the completion of the event. A list of decorations and who will be the custodian of them after the event must be included.
- Promotional Items: Items for the primary purpose to advertise or promote your organization and/or its activities. No fee can be charged to participate. The item must be of nominal value and must comply with CWU procedure 3-50-320.
- Equipment: Equipment and items purchased with S&A funds belong to CWU and the State of Washington. Equipment and certain “small and attractive” items are inventoried by the University. See http://www.cwu.edu/contracts/asset-management-information
- Supplies: The organization’s advisor is responsible for taking custody of any remaining supplies, they should be stored in a secure location for use the following year.
- Apparel: Please refer to the Use of State Resources for Apparel Purchases document.
- Meals: Meals are subject to the following restrictions, for any questions, contact SURC Accounting:
- Subject to rate limits specified in 3-50-240 Meal Reimbursement.
- Meals may be purchased for a lecturer or entertainer if food costs are specified in a contract or as part of payment for the performance.
- Meals may be purchased for students who take a speaker/entertainer dining out if the students are involved in a program organization. (No more than thee such students per event). Meals may also be purchased for an organization’s advisor in attendance.
- Banquet meals may be purchased for student(s) receiving awards at a banquet.
- Light refreshments may be purchased for consumption at approved student programs. Light refreshments include nonalcoholic beverages and edible items commonly served between meals.
- For purchases of meals and light refreshments, see the following CWU policy 2-40-200, specifically point #4.
1A receipt is any document that shows a detail of the charge(s) and proof of completion of the payment (e.g. credit/debit card charge, $0.00 ending balance, etc.)