Funds can be requested from Club Senate to support club activity such as travel, registration, guest speakers, lodging, advertising and educational supplies.
To request funds from Club Senate a funding request packet needs to be filled out which can be found in the ASCWU-BOD office in SURC 236 or on the ASCWU-BOD website.
In the event of travel, a travel authorization must be completed PRIOR to travel.
All travel outside of the United States requires approval from the Office of International Studies and Programs (OISP), which must be obtained at least six months prior to departure. Additional documentation may be required by OISP, so you are encouraged to start the process early.
Before turning the completed funds request packet into the ASCU-BOD office, please stop by SURC Accounting (SURC 263) to obtain a review of the packet and receive instructions on proper documentation for reimbursement. At this point in time you can complete your online travel authorization, if applicable, or schedule a time to do so.
Return the completed Funds Request Packet to the ASCWU-BOD office (SURC 236) along with liability and medical waivers for every person attending the event. These items do have a deadline for submittal. Make sure that you are aware of the deadlines when requesting funds and attend all applicable meetings.
You are required to attend a Funds Council Meeting to present your request for funding; meeting date and times will be provided by the BOD office. If the funds request was for an amount greater than $200.00, are also required to attend a Club Senate meeting (in addition to the Funds Council Meeting) to present your request for funding; meeting times will be provided by the BOD office.
Purchases are paid on a REIMBURSEMENT BASIS only. Purchases allowable for reimbursement are:
- Travel: Travel includes all possible ways you can get to and from a Club event. (ex: plane, bus, train, vehicle) If you are using a vehicle, you may use your own or borrow one from CWU Motor Pool.
- Registration: This covers all entering costs for a Club event.
- Guest Speakers: These are non-University related people who are brought in to speak at a club-sponsored event. An A-19/Invoice and W-9 are required for all payments. If the payment is greater than $10,000, you are required to work with SURC Accounting (SURC 263) to create a Personal Services Contract for your speaker.
- Hotel: Hotel costs can be covered while a Club is participating in a Club event such as a conference or workshop. Hotel costs can only be reimbursed if the hotel is more than 50 miles away from Ellensburg. Hotel receipts must be detailed and list all charges separately (to ensure funding is spent in accordance with University and State guidelines).
- Advertising: Advertising costs for recognized CWU clubs must be paid to a professional business organization such as Campus Life or the Copy Shop. Advertising does not include tangible office supplies or copying costs. Also, Club Senate cannot pay for advertising costs that go towards a Club fundraiser.
- Educational Supplies: This encompasses all supplies that can be used to enhance and educate the members of a recognized Club. These supplies must be inventoried through the University by your Club Advisor annually.
Please speak with SURC Accounting if you have any questions regarding receipts or documentation for your expenses to ensure prompt reimbursement.
If there are any expenses that you are unsure of, or documentation is different than normal, please talk to SURC Accounting to ensure acceptable documentation is provided for reimbursement and all required supporting documents is obtained.
After completion of the event or travel, you must report back to Club Senate. If you do not report back, your funds request will not be funded. After reporting back to Club Senate, you have 2 weeks to turn in all relevant receipts and travel vouchers (online with support from SURC Accounting) for reimbursement to SURC Accounting (SURC 263).
In the event that all receipts have not been returned to SURC Accounting within the 2 week timeframe, only those receipts turned in will be reimbursed.
You will be reimbursed through the online travel voucher process. SURC Accounting will e-mail out instructions on how to complete this portion after all receipts have been submitted to SURC Accounting (or the two week window to turn in receipts has closed) and all of the information reconciled.
The reimbursement process takes roughly three weeks from the time that our office receives the approval of funds after the report back has been completed. You will receive an e-mail from a SURC Accounting staff member indicating the release and any additional information that may be needed.
1A receipt is any document that shows a detail of the charge(s) and proof of completion of the payment (e.g. credit/debit card charge, $0.00 ending balance, etc.)