Skip to body

SURC Accounting

Cash Advances

Funds can be released from a Club or Organization account for an advance. To complete a cash advance, a cash withdrawal form must be completed.

*If the purpose of the advance is to pay for a personal service, or payment to an individual, please speak with SURC Accounting as payment may need to be completed via a check cut by the University in addition to other required documents.

To receive funds in advance, a Statement To Receive Check/Cash Advance must be filled out. See below for example. This form, to be filled out in SURC Accounting, indicates the reason for the advance, where and how the funds are to be used, the amount of the advance request, and the date of travel or event. The form is signed indicating the club/org's understanding that they are responsible for receipts1  and any unused funds, which must be returned to SURC Accounting within 7 days of the event or return from travel.

To authorize the release of funds, two Club/Organization signatories must approve the withdrawal. The cash withdrawal form, example below, will stay in the SURC Accounting office as the signatories must be verified with photo identification (Government ID or CWU Connection Card) against the signatory list held in the Club/Organization file in SURC Accounting. 

The individual receiving the advance must be identified prior to the second club authorization signature. The recipient must provide identification to be verified against the name indicated on the withdrawal form.

When 7 days have passed after the event or travelers have returned from their destination, receipts must be turned in to SURC Accounting to reconcile the withdrawal. Please attach receipts to 8.5x11 piece of paper if there are multiple receipts (do not cover information with tape, as it will cause information to fade).

Any unused funds must be re-deposited into the Club/Organization account. Please notify SURC Accounting if the deposit is from an advance for reconciliation purposes as unused funds are deposited separate from other funds to ensure recovery of the advanced funds and to assist in tracking account activity.

Clubs/Organizations that have overdue receipts will not be allowed to initiate additional advances until receipts have been submitted – long term overdue receipts can result in a Club or Organization’s account being frozen.

Example of a completed Statement to Receive a Cash Advance (blue areas indicate completion by Club/Organizations):


Example of a completed Cash Advance Withdrawal Form (blue areas indicate completion by the Club/Org):

NOTE: There is a $300.00 cash withdrawal limit per day, per Club/Organization. If the amount of the advance is larger than this, a check can be cut and mailed to the individual, which requires a 3 day processing period plus delivery time after all club signatories have signed and adequate documentation is received. Check advances require the same detail and procedures as a cash advance.

1A receipt is any document that shows a charge amount and proof of completion of the payment (e.g. credit/debit card charge, $0.00 ending balance, etc.)

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.