Personal and Educational Success is Our Goal
Students who utilize or interact with services and programs provided by the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities will be able to:
- Articulate the reasoning behind their behavioral choices and decisions, as well as alternative perspectives and solutions. (Cognitive Complexity)
- Identify skills, strategies, and resources, and specify ways to utilize them affectively, to assist them in navigating future concerns and avoiding future misconduct. (Practical Competence and Interpersonal Development)
- Articulate and reflect on the impact their actions have on the CWU community and their personal and educational success and CWU. (Cognitive Complexity and Interpersonal Competence)
- Identify and acknowledge University policies and CWU's community expectations for standards of behavior. (Knowledge Acquisition)
- Apply University policies and CWU's community expectations in daily life. (Interpersonal Competence)
Integrity: The Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities believes in promoting an environment that encourages accountability and ethical decision making both in and out of the classroom, through the promotion of honesty, dignity, courtesy, respect, equity, and responsible citizenship.
Development: The Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities believes in fostering life-long student success by providing supportive learning and living environments that encourage intellectual inquiry, exploration, and application.
Advocacy: The Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities believes in creating support and resources to ensure equitable access treatment for all individuals and to assist in empowering students to be responsible and in control of their own success.
Wellness: The Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities believes in fostering healthy living and general wellness of our students through a comprehensive approach that aims to promote positive health behaviors, prevent negative consequences associated with high-risk behavior, and encourage the social connections that support student success.
Learning: The Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities believes the pursuit of knowledge, understanding, and personal development is an active and life-long process and should be encouraged and incorporated in all activities inside and outside of the classroom.