General Questions and Answers

Find answers to common SURC Accounting questions and gain insights into various financial processes. Whether you're seeking information about deposits, reimbursements, cash advances, or general funding opportunities, navigate through the frequently asked questions to ensure a smooth financial experience as you engage with the services offered by SURC Accounting at CWU.

  • Can Clubs or Organizations open an outside banking account to conduct financial activity?

    No, a Club or Organization is restricted from opening an outside bank account per the Club Handbook and the SURC Accounting signatory form.

  • Only one Club member is on campus, can a Club or Organization still complete a cash withdrawal or pay for an expense?

    During the regular school year (Fall, Winter, and Spring) two signatures are required on all cash withdrawals, advances, and expense forms. During the summer months, we understand the difficulty in having club members leave campus; only during the Summer quarter do we allow e-mail responses from an authorized Central Washington University e-mail address as the second signature, one physical signature is still required.

  • How does a Club receive a listing of transactions from their account from SURC Accounting?

    Only an individual who appears on the signatory list may request a listing of transactions from their account.

  • What is a receipt by SURC Accounting standards?

    A receipt is any document that details what is being charged as well as indicating that the payment for the charge has been received. Without both of these pieces of information, a document is not a receipt by SURC Accounting standards. There may be supplemental documentation that can be turned in to help make sure all parts of the transaction are accounted for. Please contact SURC Accounting for more information if you have any questions.

  • How long will it take for a check to be sent out

    Once two signatories sign off for the expenditure and all backup documentation has been received, SURC Accounting can begin the check request process which takes roughly 3 days. After the 3-day processing period, the check will be sent.

  • What if the vendor does not provide a receipt?

    If the vendor does not provide a receipt, SURC Accounting still requires documentation of the payment. In the event that payment is to a business, the invoice (or A-19 and flier/advertisement) should be turned in to SURC Accounting as a backup. If the payment is for a personal service or an individual working for themselves, a W9 will most likely be required in addition to the invoice (or A-19 and flier/advertisement). If there is any question on what backup will be accepted, please contact SURC Accounting.

  • How to pay for personal services (or other payments to an individual)?

    In order to process payment to an individual (for a personal service OR goods) the individual's tax information must be properly obtained (which requires a completed W-9) in addition to an A-19/Invoice. Please have the University process payment for these types of transactions to ensure proper documentation is in place. Please attach a flier/advertisement of the event for additional backup

    Original paperwork must be received by SURC Accounting prior to being sent to Accounts Payable to begin processing payment.

  • What to do if you have lost your receipt?

    If you have lost your receipt, you can still receive a reimbursement, however, this could penalize your Club/Organization and result in eventual suspension of advances. A lost receipt form can be completed. It must be signed by your advisor and turned in to SURC Accounting. Two lost receipts within 1 academic quarter will result in the suspension of advances for a period of 11 weeks.

  • How to add someone to the signatory list?

    To add an individual to the signatory list, a brand new list must be completed and turned in to the SURC Accounting office. A new list is created to ensure that all signatures listed are approved by the Club/Organization.

CWU News

CWU Business faculty dedicated to helping small-town small businesses grow

November 29, 2023


Sponsors needed for annual CWU President's Holiday Gift Project

November 29, 2023


More News