Employer / Name of Business:
Art After school Teacher #52A
Monday-Friday 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.–(academic year only)
State licensed, non-profit program for 40 elementary students
Hiring now for the 2012-2013 Academic Year.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Actively promote the artistic development of children in Kindergarten through 5th grade
• Responsible for maintaining safety at all times
• Focus on facilitating "a love of art" by providing encouragement at all skills levels
• Prepare monthly calendar of daily art activities.
• Interact positively with children, parents, staff and director
• Maintain child-friendly art room- check for safety, organize storage
• Prepare snack one day a week and coordinate special events with other staff; participate in other activities (on occasion) such as supervising children in other programming areas
Minimum Qualifications / Skills Needed:
• Experience working/volunteering with elementary students
• Must demonstrate a genuine interest in children and be a team player
• Preferred major area of study in Art or Elementary Education
• First Aid/CPR and Background check required ( no out of pocket expense)
Why do you need this position?:
This position will further enrich the Afterschool Safe Place program and meet the continued needs of K-5 children. This position allows children to participate in art activities and cultivate a lifelong love of self-expression through art.
What educational benefits will the student gain from this position?:
The student will gain experience in planning, implementing and leading art activities for small groups of K-5 children. This position provides the student with an opportunity to purchase art supplies for the activities and serve as a valued member of a team enriching the lives of K-5 children after school.
Number of Students Needed: