The C. Farrell Fine Arts & Research Scholarships was established for full-time sophomore, junior, and senior students enrolled at CWU who demonstrate superior scholastic and/or creative achievement. This scholarship provides tuition, a $200 book allowance, and approved project costs.
Who can apply?
Fine art majors - Art, Theatre, Creative Writing, Music, Dance, or Film & Video Studies - planning to undertake a specific project in connection with their major program
- OR -
Any student attempting to accomplish a specific research project in the archeology, geology, or history of the Kittitas Valley.
Additional application requirements:
- Full-time, matriculated student at the CWU Ellensburg campus, with sophomore, junior, or senior status during the scholarship period
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Secure faculty sponsorship for the research/creative project
- Devote at least 1/3 time during the award period to class work, research or creative activity directly related to the project (i.e., one academic quarter out of three, or 1/3 of credits undertaken during a specific quarter)
- Demonstrate a record of good character and scholastic ability, and indicate the likelihood of successful project completion
Scholarship Description and Application Guidelines – please read carefully!
Application Form and Checklist
C. Farrell Scholarship Agreement
Project Budget Template
- Winter 2023: December 5, 2022
- Spring 2023: March 13, 2023
- Summer 2023, Fall 2023, or the 2023-24 academic year: June 5, 2023
Submit electronic copies of all required documents to CWU Scholarships.
Application Requirements - submit the following for review:
- Completed application form
- Completed C. Farrell Scholarship agreement form
- One page project description (400-600 words)
- Project schedule, including specific quarter(s) and dates
- Detailed, itemized project budget
- Course Outline – at least 1/3 of the course load must be directly related to the project
- Letter of recommendation from the faculty sponsor listed on the application form
- Letter(s) of recommendation from any other faculty listed on the application form
Contact your academic department for more information, or email Scholarships@cwu.edu.