This Interdisciplinary Program provides students with a broad understanding of the wine industry. The program prepares graduates for careers in wine marketing, direct-to-consumer sales, distribution, compliance, and consulting. Students can select the Global Wine Studies Specialization or the Wine Industry Management Specialization.
Likely Career Paths
Wine distribution sales, Winery tasting room manager, Restaurant Sommelier, Wine Marketing Manager, Winery Direct to consumer sales manager.
Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance). Some courses have lab fees to cover additional costs. The wine studies major includes a study abroad opportunity for students. The cost varies from year to year and averages $2,000-$4,000. This is a 10-14 day intensive tour of European wine country.
Primary contact: Kristine Miller | firstname.lastname@example.org| www.cwu.edu/hospitality-wine/majors
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|*CHEM 111 & CHEM 111 Lab||Introduction to Chemistry & Introductory Chemistry Laboratory||CHEM& 121|
|*GEOG 101||World Regional Geography||GEOG 102|
*For Global Wine Studies Specialization Only
The Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) provides CWU equivalencies for courses offered at other colleges and universities.
- Students must be 18 years of age to apply for the major. It should be understood that all classroom courses involving tasting will require students to taste and spit (Washington State legislation RCW 66.20.010 (12) a-f).
- Students must earn a cumulative GPA of 2.7 in the wine studies core courses.
- Wine Studies (WINE) course tuition is the same as the regular CWU tuition for undergraduates.
- Prior coursework in the field of hospitality and/or business and marketing is helpful for all incoming students, however, it is not required.
- Students are encouraged to complete a DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) before admission to the degree.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/.
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Scholarship Information: 509-963-1611 | Scholarships@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/scholarships/
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions