Students who complete this major may be eligible for a State of Washington certificate with an endorsement in Special Education and requires either the Elementary Education Major or the Secondary Education Major with an additional endorsable major or minor. Becoming certified is contingent on meeting all admission and certification requirements for the Teacher Certification Program including the second endorsement.
Likely Career Paths
Teach in a Washington state public elementary school, grades P-12.
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance); state-mandated testing and fingerprinting fees, which are not set by CWU but that typically run $200-500 (at time of publication).
- Location: Ellensburg
- Primary contact: CEPSAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/teaching-learning
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|EFC 250||Introduction to Education (4)||EDUC& 202 (or TES)|
|PSY 314||Human Development and the Learner (4)||PSYC& 200 (or TES)|
The Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) provides CWU equivalencies for courses at other colleges and universities.
- The Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) provides CWU equivalencies for courses at other colleges and universities.
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA is required in the program.
- Students who have a DTA will have general education requirements satisfied. Transfer credits inside the major will need to be articulated by the registrar first and then reviewed by a faculty member.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements, but may not meet the Teacher Certification Program course pre-requisite requirements.Requirements can be found at Teacher Certification Program Admission.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Scholarship Information: 509-963-1611 | Scholarships@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/scholarships/
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions