The focused Personal Financial Planning (PFP) major is for students who really want to focus on preparing for a career as fee-for-service professional planners with strong ethical standards who work with families and individuals developing specific budget, asset management, and related planning processes. The program design and content also meets educational requirements to sit for the Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards, Inc. accreditation examination
Likely Career Paths
Certified Financial Planner, Financial Manager, Budget Analysis, Real Estate Broker, Securities, Commodity and Financial Services Agent
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Location: Ellensburg
- Primary contact: 509-963-2930 | CBAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/business/cbadvising
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics- Micro||ECON& 201|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics- Macro||ECON& 202|
|BUS 241||Legal Environment of Business||BUS& 201|
|BUS 221/MATH 211||Intro Business Statistics||MATH& 146|
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- We recommend students pursue and earn an Associate in Business- DTA/MRP. However, any WA state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy CWU General Education requirements.
- Students need to earn a 2.0 minimum in ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202, and a 1.7 minimum grade for BUS& 201, ECON& 201, 202, and MATH& 146.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place the quarter they begin at CWU. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Scholarship Information: 509-963-1611 | Scholarships@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/scholarships/
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions