Our Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Administrative Management (BS-ITAM) degree bridges the gap between information technology and administrative management, creating career-ready graduates. Whether you decide to study online, at the Ellensburg campus, or at one of the CWU University Centers, you will receive engaging, quality teaching with leading-edge curriculum. In our student-centered programs, both majors and minors receive personal, one-on-one advising throughout their degree progress.
Students can specialize in: Administrative Management, Cybersecurity, Data-driven Innovation for IT Managers, Human Centered Digital Systems, Network Administration and Management, Project Management, Retail Management and Technology.
Likely Career Paths
Program/data analyst, office administrator, information security analyst, project/program manager, web administrator, BI analyst, cybersecurity consultant/analyst, web development, system/architect engineer, supply chain/operations analyst, IT manager, social media director, IT specialist, cyber network specialist, network/database administrator
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Additional costs: Some of our technical courses have a $25-$50 lab fee. Online Course fee $40.
- Location: Ellensburg, CWU-Des Moines, CWU-JBLM, CWU-Lynnwood, CWU-Moses Lake, CWU-Pierce County, CWU-Sammamish, CWU-Wenatchee, CWU-Yakima, Online
- Primary contact: 509-963-2611 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/it-management/advising-center
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ADMG 201||Introduction to Business||BUS& 101|
We encourage students to use TES to verify that their courses count towards the general education credits or the ITAM degree. Additional major course equivalencies vary by institution.
Students should work with a CWU ITAM advisor to discuss possible equivalent courses that they can take prior to coming to CWU. Please email email@example.com.
The Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) provides CWU equivalencies for courses offered at other colleges and universities.
- Students typically complete this degree in 6-8 quarters if they are transferring with an AA-DTA studying at a full-time pace.
- The majority of ITAM classes are offered four quarters a year. • Students should work with their advisor for sequencing of their specialization courses. • This program is designed to serve students at the centers who have military or international student status requirements.
- Students must earn a C- or better in all major courses.
- Network Administration and Management specialization and Web and Database Administration and Management specialization are only offered through the Ellensburg campus. All other specializations can be completed at Ellensburg, CWU-Pierce County, CWU-Lynnwood, CWU-Des Moines, CWU-Sammamish (hybrid) or 100 percent online. Students at the CWU-Moses Lake, CWU-Wenatchee, and CWU-Yakima centers complete their ITAM classes 100 percent online.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/