CWU College of Education and Professional Studies Transfer Map

Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management, Bachelor of Science (BS)

Office of the Registrar
Bouillon Hall 140
Phone: (509) 963-3001
Fax: (509) 963-1230

Program Description

Students majoring in HTE receive a Bachelor of Science in HTE with either a specialization in Hospitality Management, Tourism Management or Event Management. The Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management Program provides rigorous curriculum that prepares students for careers in a variety of dynamic, creative and exciting industry settings. Each specialization has a core set of courses which are supported with a unique set of specialization classes. This curriculum is designed for students to gain broad industry knowledge and then allows students to focus their individual interests on either hospitality, tourism, and event management. Students in both programs have opportunities to engage in hands-on learning, participate in experiential activities and meet with industry professionals both in our classrooms and in the field (and abroad!). Today, the degree prepares students for careers in one of the top three industries in Washington state and in the world. 

Likely Career Paths

Hotel manager, restaurant owner, event planner, sales and marketing manager, festival organizer, destination marketing manager, tour operator, etc. 

Key Considerations

Course Planning

Students interested in transferring to the Hospitality Management, Tourism Management, or Event Management major at CWU should complete one of the AA-DTA degrees available from any of Washington’s community colleges.

The Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) provides CWU equivalencies for courses at other colleges and universities.

Advising Notes

  • You can earn an HTE specialized degree in 2 years with a transfer degree completed.
  • Most students also include a minor with this major.
  • Students transferring should take 200-level HTE courses their first term, but contact an advisor upon transferring in order to create a graduation plan.
  • A minimum grade of C- must be earned in each course counted toward fulfilling major and minor requirements.
  • Many of our courses are offered only one time per year, so this graduation plan is important to follow. 
  • Students are encouraged to complete a DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) before admission to the degree.
  • Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
  • Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog:

Other Resources

Admissions: 509-963-1211 | 

Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | 

Scholarship Information: 509-963-1611 | |

Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | 

Veterans: 509-963-3028 |

International: +1-509-963-3612 |