Resources for CWU Faculty and Staff
Academic Scheduling coordinates the scheduling for courses and other related academic events. These resources are for CWU departments.
See Academic Scheduling for more information.
The document is a detailed description of the active modalities currently being utilized for course scheduling.
The document provides information on the electronic enrollment override process. It allows faculty members of the course to input overrides for requisites, closed/full courses, career restrictions, and permission requirement for particular students through MyCWU. Once you have provided the permission, the student must now enrollment themselves into the class. For step by step instruction on how to give course permissions to a student please see Manage Enrollment, click here.
The document is a detailed list of all CWU academic building hours of operation for the fall 2020 term. Pease click here for the detailed list
The document provides you specific instructions and information for submitting your grades through the MyCWU system. All grades must be submitted/entered into MyCWU. Grades entered in Canvas will never reflect in MyCWU and are not official grades until in MyCWU by following the attached steps. For step by step instructions of Grade Entry. (PDF) please click here.
To access the grading policies in the CWU catalog, please click Grading Policy.
Understanding Your Class Waitlists
The waitlist allows students the opportunity to potentially enroll in sections which have reached their enrollment capacity.
How Students Get on Waitlists
- The student gets placed on the waitlist at the time he/she attempts to enroll in a course section that is full, by checking the "OK to Wait List" checkbox that displays
- The class schedule will display “Waitlist” status/student’s position on waitlist
- If the waitlist is full, "OK to Wait List" checkbox will not appear
- The wait list process runs nightly from early registration to the end of the second day of classes
- Students on a wait list will be enrolled on a first-on/first-off basis.
- If space is available, the first student will automatically be enrolled overnight and receive an e-mail to their CWU email address notifying them of the change.
Other Waitlist Facts
- Student eligibility/course registration eligibility rules, such as prerequisites, time conflicts, etc., are always enforced.
- Students can waitlist multiple sections of the same course, but once the student is enrolled into an available section, they will automatically be dropped from waitlists for the other sections. Exception: for courses that are repeatable for credit in the same term.
- If a lecture course has a zero credit lab, students cannot wait list the same lecture section or the same lab section more than once. Example: A student may not wait list BIOL 181-01 lecture with more than one BIOL 181 lab section.
- Students must be enrolled or wait listed in both lecture and lab sections if they are required.
- Faculty may override a waitlist at any time and enroll the student with a change of schedule form.
Tuition Exemption Requests
See CWU and State Employee Tuition Exemption Request (PDF) page for information
FERPA Information and Resources
FERPA and Lecture Capture and Audio/Video Recording FAQs - Click Here
FERPA & Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) March 2020
The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (PDF) page for information.