Resources for CWU Faculty and Staff
FERPA Information and Resources
- FERPA & Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What is FERPA?
FERPA Training (Ongoing Required Course)
- When to Take
For those who have access to student records, take every year.
- Where to Find
Two enrollment options:
Academic Scheduling coordinates the scheduling for courses and other related academic events. These resources are for CWU departments.
See Academic Scheduling for more information.
This document is a detailed list of all CWU academic building hours of operation for the Spring 2021 term. Please view Building Hours for the detailed list.
Faculty Grade Entry Guide
This document provides specific instructions and information for submitting student grades through the MyCWU system. All grades must be submitted/entered into MyCWU. Grades entered in Canvas will never reflect in MyCWU and only become official grades in MyCWU by following the attached steps. For step by step instructions, see the Grade Entry Guide.
Grading Policies and Regulations
To access the grading policies in the CWU catalog, please see the Grading Policy.
Managing Class Enrollment
This document provides information on the electronic enrollment override process. It allows faculty members of the course to input overrides for requisites, closed/full courses, career restrictions, and permission requirements for particular students through MyCWU. Once you have provided the permission, the student must then enroll themselves into the class. For step by step instructions on how to give course permissions to a student, please view Managing Class Enrollment.
See the document below for a detailed description of the active modalities currently being utilized for course scheduling.
Tuition Exemption Requests
See CWU and State Employee Tuition Exemption Request (PDF) page for information
Understanding Your Class Waitlists
The waitlist allows students the opportunity to potentially enroll in sections which have reached their enrollment capacity.
How Students Get on Waitlists
- The student gets placed on the waitlist at the time he/she attempts to enroll in a course section that is full, by checking the "OK to Wait List" checkbox that displays.
- The class schedule will display “Waitlist” status/student’s position on waitlist.
- If the waitlist is full, "OK to Wait List" checkbox will not appear.
- The wait list process runs nightly from early registration to the end of the second day of classes.
- Students on a wait list will be enrolled on a first-on/first-off basis.
- If space is available, the first student will automatically be enrolled overnight and receive an e-mail to their CWU email address notifying them of the change.
Other Waitlist Facts
- Student eligibility/course registration eligibility rules, such as prerequisites, time conflicts, etc., are always enforced.
- Students can waitlist multiple sections of the same course, but once the student is enrolled into an available section, they will automatically be dropped from waitlists for the other sections. Exception: for courses that are repeatable for credit in the same term.
- If a lecture course has a zero-credit lab, students cannot wait list the same lecture section or the same lab section more than once. Example: A student may not wait list BIOL 181-01 lecture with more than one BIOL 181 lab section.
- Students must be enrolled or wait listed in both lecture and lab sections if they are required.
- Faculty may override a waitlist at any time and enroll the student with a change of schedule form.