Fall Course Modalities
- P - In Person
- In-Person classes meet on the Ellensburg campus or at one of the CWU centers or instructional sites. Classes have a specific meeting pattern requiring students to participate in person at designated times which will be listed in the academic schedule. Any additional meeting times must be listed in the academic schedule, course description, or notes.
- WW - Asynchronous Online
- Asynchronous Online classes are taught entirely online and do not require participation during a specific meeting time. Instructors may conduct online office hours and supplemental class activities, but cannot require synchronous participation. No meeting times will be listed in the academic schedule.
- Instructors are encouraged to include in the course description or notes whether the class is self-paced or follows a class-calendar.
- IT - Real Time Synchronous Online
- Real-Time Online classes have a specific meeting pattern requiring students to participate through online platforms at designated times. All required meeting times, with the exception of the final, will be listed in the academic schedule. Any additional meeting times must be listed in the academic schedule, course description, or notes.
- WE - Hybrid
- Hybrid classes contain a combination of required in-person meetings (on the Ellensburg campus or at one of the CWU centers or instructional sites) and online components (real-time online meetings and/or asynchronous content). Required meeting times for all face-to-face in-person and any required online meetings will be listed in the schedule.
- Hybrid classes blend online and face-to-face delivery. At least 25% of the course contact hours will be scheduled in-person.
- DE - Distance Education
- Distance Education classes meet in-person on the Ellensburg campus or at one of the CWU centers or instructional sites and employ interactive video conferencing technology to allow synchronous participation from remote locations. Required meeting times will be listed in the schedule.
|In Person||Online (Asynchronous)||Real Time Online (Synchronous)||Hybrid||Distance Education|
|What does this type of class look like?||These are in-person classes that require physical attendance at the set days/times||These are fully online and DO NOT require online activity at specified days/times||These are fully online and require real-time virtual attendance at set days/time||These are a mix of online and in-person sessions||These meet in-person on an Ellensburg campus or instructional site & use conferencing technology; require attendance at set days/time|
|Will I meet in a classroom?||Yes||No||No||Sometimes||Sometimes|
|Where will I be taught?||In the classroom identified in MyCWU||In Canvas||In Canvas or on a web conferencing platform||In Canvas and in the classroom identified in MyCWU||In Canvas or on a web conferencing platform, and in a classroom identified in MyCWU|
|Am I expected to meet at the scheduled time for the class?||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|When will I have the opportunity to interact with my professor?||During class, office hours and by appointment||During office hours, online activities and by appointment||During class, office hours and by appointment||During class, office hours and by appointment||During class, office hours and by appointment|