Skip to body


Intramural FAQs

Members playing basketball

Q: What is the difference between Crimson, Coed, & Open league types?
A: Crimson leagues are for those that truly want to win. Emphasis is heavy on the competition side of the intramural game. Coed leagues have teams that are made up of males and females and generally include an equal number of each playing on the field at the same time (see league rules for further explanation). Open leagues impose no gender restrictions and emphare for those looking to get out and play their favorite sports. 
Q: What activities does Intramural Sports offer?
A: Annually, Intramural Sports offers leagues for Basketball, Volleyball, Dodgeball, Flag Football, Softball, and Outdoor/Indoor Soccer.  Intramural Sports also offers tournaments throughout the year such as Archery Tag, Basketball, Badminton, Pickle Ball, Spikeball, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Wiffleball, and Ultimate Frisbee.
Is your sport not listed? We accept suggstions for new sports and tournaments via email:
Q: Who can participate in Intramural Sports?
A: All Central Washington University students, staff, faculty, and alumni are invited to participate in Intramural Sports.  College varsity athletes must wait one year to participate in sports which they have lettered.  All intramural participants must have a current CWU recreation membership (excludes Recwell and Crimson Pass memberships).
Q: How can I participate in Intramural Sports?
A: Just register on and you can create teams, join teams, or sign up as a free agent!  For registration information go to our Registration page.
Q: When can I sign up?
A: Registrations for each quarter are usually a week long and open the first full week after school starts. Registration dates are posted on the imleagues website.
Q: What are the Team Captain’s responsibilities?
A: The Team Captain is the main contact between the Intramural Sports office and their team.  Team Captains are responsible for their team’s knowledge of the rules and sportsmanship requirements.  They are responsible for notifying the Intramural Sports office in advance of any cancelations during the season and will be responsible for any forfeit fees incurred by their team.     
Q: When and where do I play?
A: Schedules for each league are posted on the imleagues website.  Games are played at the Recreation Center, Recreation Sports Complex, Lister Tennis Courts, Alder Recreation fields, Ellensburg Racquet and Recreation Center, or other site depending on the sport and league.   
Q: How many teams can I play with?
A: Students are allowed to compete in as many sports as they wish.  Students will not be allowed to participate on two teams within the same league.
Q: When are my practice times?
A: The Intramural Sports program does not schedule practice times for any sport or league. However, teams are free to practice as much or as little as they would like. 
Q: How do I become an official?
A: The Intramural Sports office is always seeking enthusiastic students to raise the quality of performance in their officials.  Students interested in a challenging and rewarding opportunity to lead competitive and recreational sporting events are encouraged to visit our employment page to view vacant positions.
Q: Where can I find the rules?
A: Rules are updated quarterly adn can be found on IMLeagues.
For any other questions, e-mail

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.