Facility Reservations & Rentals
CWU Recreation hosts many private and public group events in our facilities throughout the year. The Recreation Center, Climbing Wall, Challenge Course, and field space on campus can be reserved by approved student groups, on-campus departments, and for some outside events.
Are you ready to make a reservation? Contact us at Recreation.Department@cwu.edu.
- The Recreation Center offers two floors of amazing health and fitness options. The 80,000 sq. ft. exercise mecca has a 50-foot climbing wall with two arches for bouldering, a strength training area, fitness and cardio equipment areas, an elevated 1/8-mile jogging track, a four-court gymnasium, two group exercise rooms, locker rooms with saunas and the Outdoor Pursuits and Rental shop.
- The challenge course is not currently available.
- Perfect for clubs, businesses, community and youth groups, the CWU Challenge Course offers the opportunity to participate in team-building activities to accomplish individual and group goals. There are both low elements and the state-of-the-art high Challenge Course, so no matter the comfort level of your group, there is a way for everyone to participate.
- Our staff will provide everything your group needs to successfully participate in the Challenge Course experience, including equipment and instruction, as well as a pre-event meeting to determine your group’s specific needs.
- The Climbing Wall can accommodate 15 participants in the space at one time. Fees include everything your group will need to learn about and enjoy rock climbing, from shoes to safety gear! With larger groups, we can work with you to specifically design a program that works for your interests.
- All private reservations are scheduled outside of our normal operational hours, as our number one priority is to serve CWU students, so please contact us as early as possible. All participants will need a waiver signed in advance. Please download our waiver here or pick some up from the recreation front desk.
- All participants will need a waiver signed in advance. Please download our waiver here or pick some up from the recreation front desk
Recreation Sports Complex
- The Recreation Sports Complex opened in November 2018 and includes a fully lit turf infield and NCAA competition track. Other highlights include: grandstands with 600 spectator seats, throws venue (hammer, shot put, javelin, and discus), stadium style scoreboard, restrooms, food truck capabilities and perimeter fencing.
Reservations - Catie Hoffmann
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA, 98926-7448