ELLENSBURG, Wash. (March 28, 2013) — The finalists for the position of Central Washington University athletic director have been selected and will participate in Ellensburg community forums, which are open to the public, during the next three weeks. Each forum will be held from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. A complete resume for each candidate is available here.
Gail Farmer, search committee chair, said, “From a large and diverse pool of candidates, our search committee has selected an excellent set of finalists, all of whom have outstanding experience in intercollegiate athletics. We're excited to bring these highly qualified candidates to campus.”
The five finalists are:
• Dennis Francois, associate director of athletics for external affairs at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa since 2008. Between 2005 and 2008, he was the director of athletics and recreational sports at Southern Oregon University, in Ashland, and executive director of the university’s Raider Club. Francois’s community forum will be held Wednesday, April 3, in the Hal Holmes Center, Kittitas Room.
• Gary Hyatt, associate athletic director for compliance and academics at CWU since 2009. He was Central’s assistant athletic director for compliance and academics from 2007 to 2009. Between 2000 and 2007, Hyatt was the director of football operations at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. Hyatt’s community forum is scheduled for Monday, April 8, in the Hal Holmes Center, Teanaway Room.
• Tracee Passeggi, associate athletic director and senior woman administrator at Cal Poly Pomona since 2008. Between 2005 and 2008, she held the same positions at San Francisco State University. Passeggi was also assistant athletic director compliance and varsity sports at Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, from 2003 to 2005. Passeggi’s community forum will be held Wednesday, April 10, in the Hal Holmes Center, Kittitas Room.
• Greg Waggoner, athletic director/director for development at Western State Colorado University, in Gunnison, Colorado since 2004. Waggoner has served as the university’s athletic director since 1994, and also was its head wrestling coach from 1985 to 1997. In addition, he is a professor of exercise and sport science. Waggoner’s community forum will be held Thursday, April 11, in the Hal Holmes Center, Ellensburg Room.
• Barbara Dearing, associate athletic director for business and financial operations and senior woman administrator at Portland State University since 2008. Between 2004 and 2007, she held the same posts at Longwood University, Farmville, Virginia. She was also head softball coach and physical education instructor at Presbyterian College, Clinton, South Carolina. Dearing’s community forum is scheduled for Monday, April 15, in the City of Ellensburg, Chamber Room.
The person selected, who is expected to start on July 1, will follow Jack Bishop, who is retiring after serving as CWU’s athletic director since 2000.
Media contact: Robert Lowery, CWU Public Affairs, 509-963-1487, firstname.lastname@example.org