Ph.D., University of Tennessee, 1977
B.A., Weber State College
(Click here for an in depth interview)
Office: PSYCH 482
Courses Typically Taught at CWU:
- Introduction to Politics
- Public Policy
- Public Administration
- European Politics
- Indigenous peoples and acculturation
- Intergovernmental Relations
- A Preface to Politics
- What is Wrong with Academia Today?
- "Competing Views: Indian Nations and Sovereignty in the Intergovernmental system of the United States" (co-authored with Stefanie D. Wickstrom), American Indian Quarterly 26.4 (2002) 509-525
- “Purposeful Research: American Association of State Colleges and Universities Public Policy Research Partners Program” (Co-Authored) National Social Science Journal, Vol. 1, No.2 (1998).
- “The Politics and Economics of Higher Education Funding in Washington State and Beyond.” (Co-Edited), National Social Science Perspectives Journal, Vol. 11, No. 1 (1997).
- "Images of Belgian Politics: The Effects of Cleavages on the Political System," (Co‑Authored),Legislative Studies Quarterly, February, 1978.
- "Bureaucracy as Democracy: Instruction as Higher Education" in What Is Wrong with Academia Today? Essays on the Politicization of American Education, (Co-edited with Thomas Whiddon and TonyManson), The Edwin Mellen Press,Lewiston, NY, 2008
- "Indigenous Rights, Water, and Development: The Skokomish and the Yakamas” (Co-authored with Stefanie D. Wickstrom and Emily Washines.) in Derechos Humanos y Pueblos Indígenas: Tendencias Internacionales y el Contexto Chileno, ed. José Aylwin O., Temuco, Chile: Instituto de Estudios Indígenas and Universidad de la Frontera, 2004, 260-275.
- "Tennessee in the Middle" in Olshefski and Simpson. The Volunteer State: Readings in Tennessee Politics. The Tennessee Political science Association, 1985.
Conference Papers and Presentations:
National Technology and Social Science Conference, 2000-2011
- Mestizaje: A Revolutionary Encounter
- Mestizaje: Migrations and the Construction of Racial Identity
- European Democracy Today
- Dam Removal and River/Estuary Restoration
- Our Rivers and Harbors; Dam Removal and Restoration
- Indiginizing Education in the Americas: A Report on the proceedings of MOV.20 Symposium at the 52nd International Congress of Americanists
- The Diplomacy Game: A Blackboard Exercise for Teaching International Politics
- Competing Views: Indian Nations and Sovereignty in the Intergovernmental System of the United States
- Writing for the New Millennium
International Congress of Americanists, 2000-2010
- Native Americans and Water: A Comparative Examination of Laws, Policies and Practices in the United States, Panama and Chile, (51st ICA)
- Damming the Water: The Effectiveness of Indigenous Responses to Hydroelectric and Agricultural Development in Washington State (52nd ICA)
- Migrations and Construction of Racial Identity (53rd ICA)