Skip to body

University Police & Public Safety

Campus Security Authority - Crime Report online form

According to Federal Law, specifically the Clery Act, the University Police Department is required to report statistics concerning the occurrence of certain criminal offenses reported to University Police or any official of the institution who has been deemed a Campus Security Authority (CSA).

Campus Security Authority Quick Reference Guide

Campus Security Authority Video


CSAs report allegations of crimes (attempted or completed) that are made in good faith meaning there is a reasonable basis for believing that the information is not simply rumor or hearsay. CSAs are mandated to immediately report allegations of crime to law enforcement when brought to their attention. CSAs must not further investigate on their own after reporting. Incidents can be reported to CSAs by anyone: a third party, witness or victim.

The criminal offenses that we are required to report per Clery are murder/non-negligent manslaughter, manslaughter by negligence, rape, fondling,statutory rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, motor vehicle theft, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, arson, liquor law violations, drug violations, and  illegal weapons possession.

We are also required to report statistics for hate (bias) related crimes for the following classifications: murder/non-negligent manslaughter, manslaughter by negligence,rape, fondling statutory rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, motor vehicle theft, arson, theft, vandalism, dating violence, stalking, and simple assault. We are also required to report if the offenses occurred on campus, in residence facilities, on non-campus property or public property.

Only the number of crimes occurring will be released for statistical purposes for Clery compliance. Your name will not be released however it will help ensure the crime reported is not counted twice. 

If you have questions contact:
509-963-2959 (8am to 5pm  Monday - Friday).
Emergencies: 911     Non Emergencies: KITTCOM (509)-925-8534

Please give building name, parking lot number, street name with cross streets or a close address, or nearby buildings if the crime occurred outside.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.