A minor in Ethics enables students to develop a strong sense of moral responsibility and critical skills for moral reflection. It consists of required courses in ethical theory, global ethics, current ethical issues, as well as electives in applied ethics - such as business ethics and communication ethics - which may relate to students’ majors. It also includes an internship experience to help students develop their ethical ability and awareness through service learning. Such a minor is an excellent complement to any major program. As a result of completing the minor, students will be able to:
• Identify and implement major moral theories from diverse traditions
• Demonstrate an understanding of the cultural and historical embeddedness of ethical theories
• Evaluate moral issues from a plurality of perspectives
• Develop a capacity for critical moral reasoning
• Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of given moral theories in dealing with contemporary ethical problems
• Learn to account for one’s conduct within a larger community
• Develop a sensitivity to the central moral issues in a given discipline and the capacity to act in a morally responsible manner
Required Courses (7 credits):
Courses in Philosophical Ethics: (10 credits):
Choose two courses from the following:
Electives: (8-10 credits)
No more than 5 credits can be taken from one discipline.
OR other ethics-related courses as approved by Minor advisor.
Special topics courses, cooperative education credit, and independent study courses may also count towards elective credit.
Total Credits: 25-27
For additional questions or advising, please contact: Dr. Michael Goerger (email@example.com).
Congratulations!Dr. Jeffrey DippmannCAH Outstanding Faculty Service AwardDr. Dippmann’s service naColloquium - Dr. Lily Vuong, Thursday May 12, 4:30 PM, Black 151
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 4:30 PM in Black Hall, Room 151, Professor Lily Vuong will give a talkCoexisting Faith - Apr. 19
April 19 | 4 p.m.Black 151Free | Open to the public The Center for Diversity and Social Justice and