Frequently Asked Online Learning Questions
During your time taking online courses at CWU, you may encounter questions about using Canvas, attending classes online, and learning to use the tools instructors expect for effective online participation. Rest assured that resources and support are in place for any questions that might arise including for the common questions below.
- Canvas doesn't seem to work on my computer at home, but it does work on other computers. What is the problem?
- How do I learn how to use Canvas software?
Your instructor will normally give you instructions regarding the aspects of Canvas they would like you to use.
- What should I do if I get kicked offline while taking an online test?
There are many things that can cause this to happen. The best thing to do is to contact your instructor immediately. Professors are able to verify that you started the test and were kicked off. It is up to your instructor to decide if they will allow you to resubmit. If for any reason they are unable to retrieve this information for making their decision, they will contact the Canvas Administrator.
- If my question isn't answered here how can I find the answer?
If you would like a question answered in this FAQ that does not appear here please contact Forrest Hollingsworth, Multimodal Learning Program Coordinator
- (At the beginning of the quarter) I'm enrolled in a course but it's not appearing in Canvas. What can I do?
Typically, at the beginning of the quarter, two things may cause your course NOT to appear in your Canvas dashboard. Most likely, your professor has not published the course yet. Please email them to see if this is the case. Secondly, it will take 24 hours for the course to appear in your Canvas dashboard after you've enrolled in that course. If neither are applicable, please contact Help Desk to submit a ticket to Multimodal Learning on your behalf. Include your name and the course and when you enrolled.