Apr. 3, 2018
CWU Track and Field Wins JD Shotwell Invitational
The Central Washington University men and women's track and field team captured 14 event titles and recorded 43 top-five finishes to place first at the JD Shotwell Invitational on Saturday, March 31.
WRAPPING UP THE MEET
The CWU women won the meet after accumulating 175 team points. Spokane Community College finished second with 133.50 points, followed by Whitworth (83 points) and Saint Martin's (70 points).
- Aujanique Doss won the 100 and 200-meter events with times of 12.69 and 25.67 seconds, respectively. Alexia Thomas placed fourth in the 100 with a time of 13.04 seconds and Jasmyne Neria finished fourth in the 200 in 27.16 seconds. Neria also won the 400-meter after recording a time of 59.63 seconds.
- Julia Inderbitzin claimed second in the 400 with a time of 59.90 seconds.
- Alexa Shindruk (4:44) and Nicole Soleim (4:54) earned first and second in the 1500-meter, respectively.
- In the 5K, Brenna Carlson crossed the finish line in fifth with a time of 18:47.13.
- The 4x100-meter relay team comprised of Troi Carter, Rose Walts, Alexia Thomas, and Aujanique Doss captured first in 49.07 seconds.
- Emily Phillip, Inderbitzin, Doss and Neria teamed up to place second in the 4x400.
- Keeley Phommathirath won the high jump after clearing a height of 4 feet, 10.50 inches.
- Halle Irvine won the pole vault (11-2.25) and finished second in the long jump (16-11.25).
- Brittany Stevens and Kayla Wyatt finished fourth in the pole vault after clearing a height of 9 feet, 8.50 inches.
- Rose Walts claimed second in the triple jump (35-5.25) and fifth in the long jump (15-11.50).
- Brooke Williams won the triple jump after leaping a distance of 37 feet, 2.25 inches.
- Samantha La Rue won the shot put with a throw measuring 40 feet, 7.75 inches. She also competed in the discus, finishing third (119-10).
The Wildcat men finished first with 155.50 team points. Spokane Community College earned second with 89 points, followed by Whitworth (85) and Everett Community College (62.50).
- Bobby Widmar swept the 100 and 200-meter events after recording times of 11.15 and 22.85 seconds, respectively. In the 200, Harry Horwath finished second (22.86), followed by Daniel Claderon in fourth (23.24) and Doc Porter in fifth (23.25).
- Daniel Calderon won the 400 with a time of 49.19 seconds and Porter finished second in 49.50 seconds.
- Trevor Allen placed third in the 800 with a time of 1:59.94.
- The Wildcats were represented by Corbin Carlton (1st, 4:01.36), Ronald Leaf (4th, 4:07.22) and Evan Groat (5th, 5:07.83) in the 1500-meter. Carlton also placed third in the 400-meter hurdles.
- Henry Milodragoivich eanred third in the 3,000-meter steeplechase in a time of 10:07.71.
- Horwath, Leaf, Porter and Calderon teamed up to capture the 4x400-meter relay with a time of 3:23.88.
- Bryan Cadena cleared a height of 13 feet, 8.25 inches to finish third in the pole vault.
- The long jump featured a fourth place finish by Grant Scarlett (21-1.50).
- Zach Whittaker claimed second in the triple jump (43-07.25).
- Alberto Tafoya won the shot put (49-9.75) and placed fifth in the discus (135-00). Aidan Cain captured third in the discus (137-04) and placed fifth in the shot put (45-06.25).
The Wildcats will travel to Spokane, Wash. next weekend to compete at the War XI and SFCC Multis meets.
Photo: Jasmyne Neria