Aug 12 2022
Submit your fall quarter Hype event listings today!
Get your event in front of students right when they arrive on campus!
The Hype is a quarterly publication distributed to all residence halls and campus apartments, at locations throughout campus, and select off-campus locations. It has several feature stories on upcoming events, and a robust event listing section to capture many opportunities available to students throughout the quarter. Event listings are FREE, and additional low-cost publicity is available through the Publicity Center.
3 easy steps to have your event included in the upcoming Fall Hype event guide:
- Check the campus calendar to see what is already confirmed for fall (to avoid duplication or conflicts). NOTE: if you have an event scheduled but don't see it on the campus calendar make sure you have actually scheduled through 25Live and/or request that it's published to the main calendar. Questions? Contact email@example.com
- Schedule your event in 25Live. NOTE: you can schedule in the SURC spaces now! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- List your events in the following format and email to email@example.com (can include in email body or attach a Word doc) using "Fall Hype" in the subject line:
Title of event
Time, location, cost/where to get tickets (if applicable)
Brief description (we will edit based on space constraints)
Sponsoring department, website and contact
DEADLINE IS AUGUST 17, additional submissions will be considered on a space-available basis. Inclusion in the Hype is dependent on confirmation that your event is scheduled in 25Live and is open to all CWU students.
- If you are promoting a service or resource, you might consider tabling and/or hosting an "informational event" or open house - that way you can schedule a time and location in 25Live. These will be included on a space-available basis.
- If your event is online/virtual or off-campus, you can still schedule in 25Live! There is an option to select that location type. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- If you have a department-controlled space, you should still schedule and share to the main calendar for maximum exposure. This also insures that space utilization is appropriately documented and public safety is aware of your event.
- If you want an awesome campaign to promote your event, the Publicity Center has a team of talented designers, marketing specialists and street team available to bring your ideas to life. Our student creative team will work with professionals to develop a fresh, student-forward event campaign! Visit cwu.edu/publicity for more information, or email email@example.com with your questions.