Sep 26 2022
Call for Exempt Employee Association Executive Committee Nominations
Have you thought about becoming more engaged with the CWU community? How can you add your voice and vote to key decision-making university committees? This is an opportunity for you, or someone you know who you think would be a great addition, to work with a team of colleagues dedicated to representing the interests of all exempt employees.
CWU’s Exempt Employee Association is dedicated to ensuring the university provides the very best environment for teaching, learning, research, and service, by:
- Providing a unified voice for exempt employees (professional staff through administrators);
- Developing and presenting recommendations to the university administration on employee welfare, including fiscal priorities and revisions to personnel policy and procedures;
- Representing exempt employees on relevant university committees; and
- Collaborating with Classified Staff Council and Human Resources on the Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year awards programs.
The EEA is guided by a nine-member executive committee, comprised of two representatives each from the Finance & Administration, Student Engagement & Success, President’s, and Academic Affairs divisions, along with one at-large representative. Each elected representative serves a two-year term.
For 2022-2023, there are six positions open for election this year:
- 2 representatives from Finance & Administration;
- 1 representative from Student Engagement & Success;
- 1 representative from Academic Affairs
- 1 representative from the President’s division
- 1 at-large representative (can be from any division)
Nominations will be accepted for the 2022-2023 executive committee through Friday, October 7th, 2022. Nominations may be made via e-mail to email@example.com. Any member of the campus community may nominate an exempt employee.
The current executive committee representatives who will continue next year to serve for the second year of their terms are:
- Manuel Rodriguez, Student Engagement & Success
- Pat Coffey, Academic Affairs
- Wendy Holden, President’s Division
If you, or someone you know, is able and willing to step up to fill this important campus role, please encourage them to submit a nomination or do it on their behalf. Self-nominations are welcome and encouraged. Feel free to contact me or any executive committee member if you have any questions.
Yours in service,
Caarolyn B. Thurston
Chair, EEA Executive Committee