Nov. 28, 2022
Fall 2022 Edition of Crimson & Black Celebrates First-Gen Student Success
In case you missed it, the latest edition of CWU Crimson & Black is hot off the presses.
The 48-page semi-annual magazine started showing up on campus and in mailboxes Thanksgiving week, giving readers an in-depth look at first-generation student success at CWU from the perspective of faculty, administrators, students, and alumni.
The publication, also available online, highlights the many ways Central faculty and staff work to create positive experiences for first-gen students that translate into real-world success. Also featured are the programs, scholarships, and support networks that allow first-generation students to thrive at CWU and beyond.
Among the highlights:
- Communities of Possibility: First-gen Students Inspire Friends, Family Back Home
- Personal Connections Kickstart Higher Ed Journey
- Biophysics Alumna Kahmina Ford Conquers Challenges to Find Her Calling
- University Centers and Transfer Center Build Bridges For First-Gen Success
- Equal Access Is the Goal for Central’s Outreach and Assistance Programs
- McNair Scholars Program Opens Doors, Changes Lives
Give it a read and let us know what you think. We also welcome your story ideas for future editions.