Piano studio at Central provides a comprehensive curriculum and education that includes private lessons, studio classes, master classes, recitals for both solo and chamber music, and pedagogy. Students have the opportunity to work with nationally known performers and soloists, chamber musicians, and guest lecturers throughout their studies. Students will build a solid foundation and technique while expanding their depth of musicianship.
Piano studies students are expected to learn and maintain a healthy, effective, and committed practice ethic. They are guided in the search to find their own musical voice as well as enrichment studies in career development and performance/presentation skills. Our piano faculty guides and inspires students to prepare for a career as a professional musician and provides personalized lessons for students at all stages of development. The goal of the piano studio at Central is to prepare musicians to become exceptional performers and educators who are aware of the impact of their voices and work on their communities.
- Bachelor of Music (BM) Piano Performance
- Bachelor of Arts in Music (BA) Piano as major instrument
- Master of Music (MM) Piano Performance
- Master of Music (MM) Piano Pedagogy
- Master of Music (MM) Collaborative Piano
- Solo and Chamber Music Performance
- Weekly studio classes and workshops
- Perform and attend master classes and clinics by nationally and internationally renowned musicians
- Piano Area Projects and Events
- Large and Small Ensembles (choir, orchestra and band)
- Pre-college and Collegiate Teaching Opportunities
In order to study Piano at CWU, you must first audition for the music faculty. Visit our Piano Audition Requirements page for specific information on the audition process. Transfer students should be sure to visit our Transfer Student Information for Music Majors page for very important transfer student considerations. Contact Dr. Yerin Kim for more information concerning piano auditions.