General Music Scholarship Information
Each year, the Music Department gives over $250,000 in scholarships and waivers for incoming and returning students. All scholarship applicantions must be submitted through the Scholarship Central page. This page lists all available scholarships inculding application deadlines.
In general, these prestigious music shcolarship awards are granted to the applicants who:
- Exhibit exceptional abilities.
- Best demonstrate their ambition to pursue a career in music.
- Have maintained a good academic record.
- Demonstrate financial need.
Scholarship recipients are expected to represent the Department of Music by promoting music education at public and/or school-related events, perform in specific ensembles, and act as role models for other students.
- Music department scholarships February 1
- FAFSA Priority deadline March 15
- CWU undergraduate priority April 1
How to Apply
Music Department scholarships are awarded based on talent, need, and the needs of the department. There are several general scholarships as well as scholarships awarded to specific areas. These awards are assigned based on individual qualifications.
All students, both incoming and returning, interested in scholarships must go to the
Scholarship Central page to apply for scholarships and for additional information.
Deadline For Application Is February 1st
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu . The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.
General CWU Scholarships
These are awards available to all CWU Students without regard to major. Deadlines for applications occur in early spring, so apply early to ensure consideration for these awards.
Scholarship Search Sites
- College Scholarships
- Scholarship Points
- FinAid Unusual Scholarships
- International Scholarships
- Scholarship America
State & National Scholarship Opportunities
- Washington Scholarship Coalition
- Talbots Scholarship Foundation
- BMI Foundation
- Sallie Mae Fund
- DAR National Society
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- Hispanic College Fund
- PFLAG National Scholarship Foundation
- Simon Youth Foundation
- Corporate Sponsored Scholarship Program— $400 to $3500 awarded each year to 20-70 undergraduate students attending a Washington college.
The Department of Music at Central Washington University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.