- You're not a music student yet (you haven't auditioned or been accepted into the music program), visit our Music Program Auditions & Admissions page.
- You've been accepted as a Freshman music major, but have not completed the Theory Prerequisite Exam, visit our Freshman Theory Fundamentals Exam page.
- You're a transfer student and need to know more about the Transfer Theory Diagnostic Exam, visit the Transfer Student Theory Diagnostic Exam page.
- You've been accepted as a music major and have passed the theory prerequisite exam, Continue reading the info below.
Class Start Preparations
- The first day of class for winter quarter 2023 is Wednesday January 4th.
Registration for ensembles is limited to those students who have auditioned. For those of you who are interested in auditioning for Bands, Orchestra, Jazz Bands, or Vocal Jazz, please go the Ensemble Auditions page.
Visit the Music Student Resources page for all convocation dates. Also, be sure to read, and understand, the Convo and Recital Polices in the Undergraduate Handbook.
Student Handbooks - a MUST READ!
Our various music student handbooks are available online. These are full of very important information you need before embarking on your musical education journey here at Central. Be sure to read the appropriate handbook(s) below, preferably before classes begin.
Locker and Instrument Checkouts
Instrument lockers within the McIntyre Music building are available for students. Students needing lockers and/or instruments must do so with Allen Larsen, Music Department Hall Manager, in his office, room 146 or by using the online Locker and Instrument Checkout form.
A minimal fee for locker use will be charged to your student account. You are responsible to know and understand the Locker Check Out / Return Polices so please be sure to review them in the undergraduate handbook.
Any other questions?
Contact Dr. Kirsten Boldt-Neurohr, our Academic Advisor.