Nov. 14-15, 2023
The Fall Choral Classic is a non-competitive festival designed to enhance open and honest exchange between the clinicians, the conductor and the students. This fun filled festival takes place in the wonderful acoustical environment of CWU's Dr. Wayne S. Hertz Concert Hall.
Each of the two days is identical, with about 12 choirs per day. All invited choirs are expected to arrive and be seated by 8:30 a.m. and remain for the duration of the festival, which ends with a one hour showcase final concert concluding by 6:00 p.m.
This is a non-competitive festival, designed to embrace choirs where they are and help guide them to the next level of excellence. We know how early it is in the year, and hope this festival provides encouragement to get out of the starting blocks quickly, while motivating singers to work hard for a successful school year.
The day includes watching 3 highly experienced clinician/judges work with the choirs, and five CWU choral ensembles performing - 3 before lunch and, on the final host concert – CWU’s Vocal Jazz One and the CWU Chamber Choir, both known internationally!
New This Year
- Face time and clinics with CWU Choral Faculty: Dr. Nicole Lamartine, Prof. Vijay SIngh, and Dr. Scott Peterson
- Group activities throughout the day
- $375.00 (2022 price, 2023 subject to change)
- First come, first served!
- One ensemble per school
- Registration opening date TBA
- Warm-up, performance, on-stage clinic, private clinic for your ensemble
- Video and Audio files of your performance and Video of your clinic
- Adjudication: audio and written comments
- Group workshops and singing
- CWU Admissions information and campus tours
- Informances from CWU choral ensembles (CHamber Choir, Chorale, Wildcatters, Vox Divina, Vocal Jazz 1), students, and faculty
Each school has 25 minutes on stage. Choirs are encouraged to plan 10-15 minutes of music. This allows one of the adjudicators to spend 10-15 minutes on stage with the group making suggestions. Directly following is a 25 minute clinic in another room with a second clinician.
Festival Documents Downloads
- Activities (PDF) - This document contains ideas for activities to be done while listening to other choirs during the festival
- Adjudication Form (PDF) - This reference document is an adjudication form similar to the one used by our judges
- Concert Etiquette Guidelines (PDF) - A document which details expected behavior at the festival
CWU Fall Choral Classic Festival
400 E University Way, Mailstop 7458
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7458